Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Phillip Schofield leaves This Morning

Erm, cant be arsed reading this thread but is someone suggesting runners are being employed in their early/mid teens? Lol.... I know's it's an awful industry but in my (limited) experience I've never encountered that. I work in media. You'll get work experience kids in for a week or so but that's it. Young guys and young women are routinely fair game for some of these fuckers but not kids.

Er, maybe read the thread first, then?

Erm, cant be arsed reading this thread but is someone suggesting runners are being employed in their early/mid teens? Lol.... I know's it's an awful industry but in my (limited) experience I've never encountered that. I work in media. You'll get work experience kids in for a week or so but that's it. Young guys and young women are routinely fair game for some of these fuckers but not kids.

No.

Well, if you've read that the runner was employed in his early teens then it's no wonder you're confused.
Well it was this post I guess:
Philip groomed, shagged then sacked a teenage intern (who was probably over 16 when they started a sexual relationship, but had known Schofield since he was 11, and Schofield was his boss and 50 years older than him), and when it became known about Schofield "came out" as gay and took out a superinjunction.
Ah right I get it now. He knew the guy prior to him being an intern.

He was all over Johnson like a love struck teenager, when Corbyn went on he was like an amateur Kate Burley attack dog parody

I’m keen to see his star burn out as it plummets into the sewage soaked sea somewhere in Cornwall as he hides from his shady shit past
He should be punished just for the pile of wank that he presented every morning for fuck knows how many years. Can't stand the smarmy. shit C&A jumper wearing cunt.

He should be punished just for the pile of wank that he presented every morning for fuck knows how many years. Can't stand the smarmy. shit C&A jumper wearing cunt.
This is what I don't understand. How is someone so ghastly so popular, with or without scandals?

This is what I don't understand. How is someone so ghastly so popular, with or without scandals?
I think because many people think what they see on screen is what you get in real life and buy into the on screen persona. The carefully curated, gentle boy next door, loves his mum etc. I remember shouting deviant cunt at the screen when i saw him twenty year ago, My then partner says, don't be so cruel he's really sweet , gentle and wouldn't hurt a fly. I pointed out that most thugs and vIolent criminals wouldn't hurt a fly but humans they would at a blink of an eye.

I think because many people think what they see on screen is what you get in real life and buy into the on screen persona. The carefully curated, gentle boy next door, loves his mum etc. I remember shouting deviant cunt at the screen when i saw him twenty year ago, My then partner says, don't be so cruel he's really sweet , gentle and wouldn't hurt a fly. I pointed out that most thugs and vIolent criminals wouldn't hurt a fly but humans they would at a blink of an eye.
isn't hurting flies, spiders and other animals where so many thugs etc show their early cruelty? tearing off their wings or legs and so on

isn't hurting flies, spiders and other animals where so many thugs etc show their early cruelty? tearing off their wings or legs and so on
Quite possibly now you mention it. Quite possibly down to not being shown any sort of empathy from a young age. Saying that, i know blokes that love a scrap with like minded blokes at football but away from that they're placid and non confrontational. I know an opera singer who's mild mannered and caring but loves a tear up at football. He's in his early sixties now and still at it. Have never known him to have a fight outside of that and has often defused potential flare ups in the pub and on the street. He doesn't drink. smoke or take drugs but gets a massive high and adrenaline rush from the pavement dancing at football.

The most dangerous of narcissists, psychopaths and the like can and often appear on the surface as some of the nicest and most charming people, that is until the mask comes off and the real persona is revealed. They rarely walk around with red flags waving.

I see he's admitted his affair with the younger runner... "Unwise but not illegal".

I get that they claim the public interest angle because he was married and lied about it but really who gives a shit... (And yes yes I am posting but only because it's in the news and this thread exists.)

I see he's admitted his affair with the younger runner... "Unwise but not illegal".

I get that they claim the public interest angle because he was married and lied about it but really who gives a shit... (And yes yes I am posting but only because it's in the news and this thread exists.)

"Younger colleague."

Try 18 and an intern on a show Schofield had hiring and firing power over, and indeed got him the internship in the first place. I don't think many people were ever claiming it was illegal, they were claiming it was unethical and fucked up, which it is.

"Younger colleague."

Try 18 and an intern on a show Schofield had hiring and firing power over, and indeed got him the internship in the first place. I don't think many people were ever claiming it was illegal, they were claiming it was unethical and fucked up, which it is.

"In an effort to protect my ex-colleague I haven't been truthful about the relationship"

Sure Phil. No other reasons. How altruistic of you.

e2a: full statement on BBC

To his credit, in his statement, he does say "lied" (quite a lot, in fact) rather than weasel words like "misspoke" or "unwise choice of words" or "could have used clearer terminology" or "child rapist".

I'll give him credit for that.

The “coming out” did rather have the flavour of “taking control of the narrative”. And it worked at the time. Because it became about him being gay, and about identity, and about being open, and not about the power differential between the star and the much younger runner.

This new “admission” story has something of the same flavour. But also the “unwise but not illegal” line does read a bit like when Salmond came out with “I never said I was an angel” before we discovered the full severity of the accusations against him. The cynic in me thinks there’s more to come.

Back
Top Bottom