Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peter Oborne puts the boot in to MPs trying to gain the moral high ground on the riots

An excellent piece of journalism, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but
Extremely good programme by George Galloway also tonight .. currently on talksport !

whether it is or not, the fact remains that this is the only journalist in mainstream media to have done so, and the only other person to have even hinted at it is Ed Miliband
nonsense. this is a far better article in my view.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/10/riots-reflect-society-run-greed-looting
there's been plenty of stuff in the guardian & independent making these points. not disputing its useful to have stuff in a paper that might preach to the unconverted, just lets not get carried away and all start reading the bloody torygraph.

nonsense. this is a far better article in my view.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/10/riots-reflect-society-run-greed-looting
there's been plenty of stuff in the guardian & independent making these points. not disputing its useful to have stuff in a paper that might preach to the unconverted, just lets not get carried away and all start reading the bloody torygraph.
why not? better to know what people you disagree with are saying, surely? i don't give a fuck what people who are slightly on my side are saying, it's the opposition i want to know about.

fair point i guess pickmans. i wish i could get into the FT, as chomsky said, the only paper worth reading as its written by the ruling class for the ruling class, and they don't bother lying to each other. only paper with good industrial coverage. have to confess i haven't read their take on the riots though.

fair point i guess pickmans. i wish i could get into the FT, as chomsky said, the only paper worth reading as its written by the ruling class for the ruling class, and they don't bother lying to each other. only paper with good industrial coverage. have to confess i haven't read their take on the riots though.
if you're going to do that you should get it in a student union where it's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom