Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.

This happened around the corner from me , I saw the police tape this morning on the way to work and wondered what it was about. There has been a spate of burglaries around here lately, one 2 doors away from me.
Hither Green is basically the main residential bit of Lewisham (town as opposed to borough). I nearly moved in to that area a couple of years back...really considered it, then on a third visit i saw little tatty bits of police tape on the next door lamp post....thought id ask someone what it was like around for crime..came up to a woman sitting in her car smoking a spliff - her advice, stay away, she'd move if she could, started motioning to dealers holed up in that house over there, nutters in that house there... in short its a stressful place to live with constant agro. This is where some young kids pulled a gun on a policeman the other day.

If you wake up with armed men in your house - especially in Hither Green - your instinct will be that you could be killed and who knows how any of us would react under that circumstance.

It makes it more of a challenge :D
basil-300.jpg

I dunno. I am not party to what goes on inside your head. Nor anyone else's for that matter. Sometimes, not even mine.

Anyway, I'm not really up for some pointless spat about the nuances of what someone-or-other might have meant, so let's leave it there, eh?

So you were quick to tell me I was wrong but now you’re getting coy about explaining why?
Which I expected would happen hence my enquiry.

In all seriousness, the whole thing is really horrible. The burglar's family have lost their son/partner/dad (delete as appropriate) and the pensioner will be so traumatised that he may not be able to carry on looking after his wife. Rights and wrongs aside, that's all pretty shitty.

Nicely dehumanised. A 38 year old man, reduced to residential burglary, a crime that is distressing as fuck for the victim and results in very little gain for the perpetrator. Rather than rail against a system which produces that, you go for the result of that system. Speakyerbranes75.net

'Hello, is this the system? I'd like to report that there are two armed villains in my kitchen who represent an immediate threat of violence against myself and my vulnerable, elderly wife. Whilst I do not consider the villains to be acting in a just manner, I recognise their right to hold differing ethical standards to my own. I also recognise that you in your capacity as embodiment of all prevailing social, economic and political processes hold sole and total responsibility for this situation, and that it would therefore be unjust of me to act in such a way as to imply that the aforesaid villains held any legal or moral culpability for their actions. That being said I consider the current situation untenable, as it represents a violation of the property rights and right to freedom from violence upon which you are ostensibly predicated. Do you provide a conflict resolution service? Yes, I'll hold...'

So you were quick to tell me I was wrong but now you’re getting coy about explaining why?
Which I expected would happen hence my enquiry.
Oh, do fuck off. I think you're choosing to look down the wrong end of the telescope at what I wrote, and determined to find some point of disagreement, when it should be pretty obvious from the tenor of our earlier interaction on the thread that I'm pretty much on the same page as you. And it's a pattern I notice in your postings quite often. So don't mind me if I really can't be bothered to get into some futile pissing contest with you, just because you want a fucking argument.

Hither Green is basically the main residential bit of Lewisham (town as opposed to borough). I nearly moved in to that area a couple of years back...really considered it, then on a third visit i saw little tatty bits of police tape on the next door lamp post....thought id ask someone what it was like around for crime..came up to a woman sitting in her car smoking a spliff - her advice, stay away, she'd move if she could, started motioning to dealers holed up in that house over there, nutters in that house there... in short its a stressful place to live with constant agro. This is where some young kids pulled a gun on a policeman the other day.

If you wake up with armed men in your house - especially in Hither Green - your instinct will be that you could be killed and who knows how any of us would react under that circumstance.
It is weird around there, looks a bit sleepy but isn't
I lived on the south circ in that area and didn't feel safe on the road(s) by the station and saw a bit of aggro now and then

Oh, do fuck off. I think you're choosing to look down the wrong end of the telescope at what I wrote, and determined to find some point of disagreement, when it should be pretty obvious from the tenor of our earlier interaction on the thread that I'm pretty much on the same page as you. And it's a pattern I notice in your postings quite often. So don't mind me if I really can't be bothered to get into some futile pissing contest with you, just because you want a fucking argument.

I’ve lost interest too but it’s often courteous, when telling someone they’re wrong, to offer your own take as to why. Never mind.

Anyway, when can I get tooled up? Nothing automatic, just a handgun will do. My wife is partial to a 9mm. Would make a lovely anniversary present for her.

Anyway, when can I get tooled up? Nothing automatic, just a handgun will do. My wife is partial to a 9mm. Would make a lovely anniversary present for her.

I think handguns are bit dodgy for the budding domestic security enforcer. They're all a bit illegal and stuff also having obvious weapons near your bed as well. The pro household defending hardman has weapons lying around which could conceivably used for every day stuff. Hence there being over 18 million baseball bats in the country yet only 7 people who actually play the 'sport'.

They will have to take my steak tenderising hammer from my cold dead hands
In the hands of a trained killer, any domestic implement can be used as a deadly weapon - biro, scrabble tile, post it note. I'm not saying I am that trained assassin, The Guild insists on secrecy. But, y'know, just think on.

Great photo of him the press are using btw. If I ever get arrested again I'd love them to use a photo like that, unless it was drink driving I guess.
Heavy Drinkers Against Burglars will hold a press conference shortly.

I think handguns are bit dodgy for the budding domestic security enforcer. They're all a bit illegal and stuff also having obvious weapons near your bed as well. The pro household defending hardman has weapons lying around which could conceivably used for every day stuff. Hence there being over 18 million baseball bats in the country yet only 7 people who actually play the 'sport'.
In a country where they are legal, an awful lot of people end up being shot with their own guns, anyway. Some similar statistic exists for knife crime.

It was a bad strategic move on the part of Mister Burglar to herd the householder into the one room in the house with the most lethal weapons easily to hand :hmm:

It is weird around there, looks a bit sleepy but isn't
I lived on the south circ in that area and didn't feel safe on the road(s) by the station and saw a bit of aggro now and then

Been living in the centre of HG for the last five years and it's positively sleepy - I don't recognise any of this, or what was posted a couple of pages back.

Back
Top Bottom