Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.

So, from the news, a 78 year old man comes down stairs, after midnight, and finds two men (one at least who was half his age), one of whom is armed with a screwdriver.

The householder's disabled wife is also in the house.

There is a scuffle, and the would be thief gets his just deserts, then the police investigate the householder on suspicion of murder?

WTF is happening in this country? The police are almost as scummy as those they are supposed to catching.

There is no way that the householder should be charged with anything. He was protecting himself and his wife from a fucking thieving scumbag piece of shit that had broken into his home.

We've been burgled. Mrs Sas slept fitfully, with a hammer under the bed, any time I was away for years afterward.

78 years old FFS, and the well named 'filth' are investigating him for murder? I would have thought some sort of award would be more in order.

I had colleagues apoplectic that he had been 'charged with murder' today. Had to repeatedly point out that he hadn't and that if you find someone with a knife and a body covered in blood it's probably worth taking them down the station for a chat. If the story in the papers is true it would seem unlikely he'll do time for it.

So, from the news, a 78 year old man comes down stairs, after midnight, and finds two men (one at least who was half his age), one of whom is armed with a screwdriver.

There is a scuffle, and the would be thief gets his just deserts, then the police investigate the householder on suspicion of murder?

WTF is happening in this country? The police are almost as scummy as those they are supposed to catching.

There is no way that the householder should be charged with anything. He was protecting himself and his wife from a fucking thieving scumbag piece of shit that had broken into his home.

We've been burgled. Mrs Sas slept fitfully, with a hammer under the bed, any time I was away for years afterward.

78 years old FFS, and the well named 'filth' are investigating him for murder? I would have thought some sort of award would be more in order.
So what should they do? Accept his version of events without investigation, shake his hand and leave him to mop up the blood?

I had colleagues apoplectic that he had been 'charged with murder' today. Had to repeatedly point out that he hadn't and that if you find someone with a knife and a body covered in blood it's probably worth taking them down the station for a chat. If the story in the papers is true it would seem unlikely he'll do time for it.
Was just about to post the same; fact the detail about the threat is out suggests they may well not even charge him.

If he killed the bloke in his house he'll be investigated for murder. Of course he will be. Anything could have happened.

If it went down the way you've suggested he probably won't be charged.

Calm down!

Last edited:

The actions of the police have taken me from someone who received a commendation for braining a drunken Scottish football fan, who was in the process of strangling a police inspector in Kings Cross railway station, to someone who would not piss on a policeman if they were on fire. Of all public services, the one which has declined most, both morally and in the performance of their duty is the police.

If he killed the bloke in his house he'll be investigated for murder. Of course he will. Anything could have happened.

If it went down the way you've suggested he probably won't be charged.

Calm down!

I will be purchasing a five iron for the golf range, it doesn't knock the ball a huge distance, but does send it up in the sky very satisfactorily. It will be kept at the top of the stairs, in case there is need to investigate noises in the night.

Sass, they have to investigate, as I posted up thread, they are going through the motions, it's highly unlikely that he'll be charged.

I will be purchasing a five iron for the golf range, it doesn't knock the ball a huge distance, but does send it up in the sky very satisfactorily. It will be kept at the top of the stairs, in case there is need to investigate noises in the night.

my sister's local plod in the West Country reccommended one of those whacking great metal maglite torches - it'd need the batteries to give it some heft though

He probably thought he had an easy mark going for that old boy.

Easily avoided by not breaking into people’s homes.

So what? Burglars are vermin.

He wasn't. He was killed for being an agravated burglar brandishing a weapon.

You should be allowed to blow the cunts out of their boots... however...

No, they should offer to mop up the blood.

Bye.

Sass, they have to investigate, as I posted up thread, they are going through the motions, it's highly unlikely that he'll be charged.

One would certainly hope not.

Reasonable force bollocks. If someone breaks into your home, whatever they get they deserve.

No doubt scoped that one out, old guy with a disabled wife, no problem. Wrong!

One would certainly hope not.

Reasonable force bollocks. If someone breaks into your home, whatever they get they deserve.

No doubt scoped that one out, old guy with a disabled wife, no problem. Wrong!
Do you think all legal cases should be decided by internet blowhards in possession of none of the evidence or are there situations in which you think some sort of rudimentary investigation is necessary?

Do you think all legal cases should be decided by internet blowhards in possession of none of the evidence or are there situations in which you think some sort of rudimentary investigation is necessary?

Ignoring your 'ad hom' which adds nothing to your feeble argument, my point is simple, if someone breaks into your home, you should be entitled in law to take such action as you see fit.

I'm guessing from your tone that you have never been burgled. The damage is a bit more than just the loss of physical possessions, they are insured. You cannot insure against your wife being afraid in her home, a place where she should be able to feel safe.

So Oscar Pistorius should have not been charged with murder because he claimed it was burglars?

Of course an investigation has to take place an the person responsible for the death of another will need to be arrested on suspicion of murder until the facts are established. We don't know the facts yet.

If it turned out to be his Grandson who was the burglar & they was no evidence of a break in just a family row heard by the neighbours a couple of hours earlier, would you still think the same?

Last edited:
Ignoring your 'ad hom' which adds nothing to your feeble argument, my point is simple, if someone breaks into your home, you should be entitled in law to take such action as you see fit.

I'm guessing from your tone that you have never been burgled. The damage is a bit more than just the loss of physical possessions, they are insured. You cannot insure against your wife being afraid in her home, a place where she should be able to feel safe.
So in your world you could murder who you like so long as you can get them to come round your house so you can tell the police they broke in. Or, you know, quick investigation to check dead man is not in fact daughters ex etc

If you have a baseball bat you need a glove and ball too, otherwise it will appear you have been waiting to hurt someone.

At 35 I can totally appreciate the desperation of a thief whilst as a carer 100 per cent supporting the old guys right to defend himself against intruders,I see brittle bones no muscle vulnerable skin, fucking scary place the world must be then. Come on guys if you needed to steal wouldnt you pick your target carefully? CUNTS HONOUR, IT MUST BE A THING? :)

This happened around the corner from me , I saw the police tape this morning on the way to work and wondered what it was about. There has been a spate of burglaries around here lately, one 2 doors away from me. If this puts would be burglars off then they guy has done us a favour, good luck to him. Fuck the burglars, cunts the lot of them and yes I have been burgled before, if he wasn't there he'd still be alive so no sympathy and not a lot from people around here I should imagine.

Police just going through due process at the moment. If it ever went to court it would be thrown out by the jury.

So Oscar Pistorius should have not been charged with murder because he claimed it was burglars?

Of course an investigation has to take place an the person responsible for the death of another will need to be arrested on suspicion of murder until the facts are established. We don't know the facts yet.

If it turned out to be his Grandson who was the burglar & they was no evidence of a break in just a family row heard by the neighbours a couple of hours earlier, would you still think the same?

Yeah, all sorts of ways it could turn out to be not actually a burglary. Old bloke was the one at the wrong house, one burglar killed the other and blamed the old bloke, the bloke who was killed wasn't the burglar but someone who came to help, etc etc etc. I don't think any of them are very likely - I'd lay money on it being a straightforward burglary gone wrong (for the burglars), and the old bloke won't be charged with anything, but you have to at least check.

Otherwise you'd end up with a situation where a really easy way to murder someone would be to invite them over late at night and claim you thought they were a burglar. Or at least really old people could do that. They could set up a neat assassination business. "Yes, he was a burglar, and I'm 79!" "OK, we'll be on our way then. We'll just throw him in the skip on the way out. See you next week Mildred!"

Back
Top Bottom