Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

News from the Menace Arena....

Peckham Town's game in the London Trophy vs T$%ting Bec will KO at 12.30 on 5 December. They have moved it forward to allow DHFC fans to come and watch their Cup game, before going to Champion Hill for our home league game vs Needham Market. There is a bus that goes direct from their ground to Champion Hill (P13). It would be great to see as many DHFC fans as possible to give another local team support.

And if you can't wait till then to check out the Menace, the the game tomorrow kicks off at 1.30pm, so a chance to get a first half of their Cup game in before jumping on the P13 to Champion Hill.

Don't forget to bring your free season ticket! Just cut out and bring to the game.
PTFC-season-ticket-2.jpg

Good publicity, for a friendly local club...but let's not forget...free season tickets are just a PR stunt...as they don't charge for games anyway.

One other bit of news from Peckham Town (who incidentally actually play in Dulwich), have a new covered terrace behind the goal on the temporary pitch. Looks great!

CTE0gnqW4AEsT11.jpg

Last edited:
Well done. Great stuff for Lee Green based Dulwich Village.
Indeed...the problem is decent venues are taken up in the Dulwich area by Peckham based clubs... ;)

I hope you'll be allowed to stand under that bit of scaffold...I hear the referees can be a bit fussy..and the 'Menace Ultras' aren't actually that menacing and meekly move away when told... ;)

Indeed...the problem is decent venues are taken up in the Dulwich area by Peckham based clubs... ;)

I hope you'll be allowed to stand under that bit of scaffold...I hear the referees can be a bit fussy..and the 'Menace Ultras' aren't actually that menacing and meekly move away when told... ;)

The Menace Ultras NEVER run....except when being chased.

I've plugged the 'postponement' on the official Club website too, in case some might miss it on here.

And how did Peckham Town do...one groundhopper went to Southfields, and posted on the Kempster:

1500 - London Senior Trophy 2nd Round played @ Southfields Academy
PECKHAM TOWN 3-4 TOOTING BEC
Headcount peaked at 16
Admission none - 8 page Programme £2 donation to a cancer charity

Late change of venue for this tie to a 3G cage in Southfields. Spectators weren't allowed inside, the view from outside blocked by training goals. A small overhang in the spectator area didn't provide much shelter from the strong wind but surrounding buildings helped block some of it out.
Peckham had a striking kit with red & white hoops, blue shorts & socks while Bec wore Tooting & Mitcham's colours of black & white stripes.
It was a thrilling cup tie with Bec taking the lead and being pegged back 3 times before scoring a late penalty and holding on to win 4-3. Bec's early opener came after a calamitous pass back accross his own goal by Peckham's 16 year old right back left his keeper stranded leaving a Bec striker with an empty goal to shoot into. Peckham levelled through a penalty but found themselves 2-1 down at half time. Was relieved it didn't go to penalties especially after kicking off 6 minutes late, a full 15 minute half time and 6 minutes injury time meant it didn't finish until nearly 5pm so had to run to Southfields station straight after the whistle to make my next destination

As the season draws to a close, Peckham Town are 9 points adrift of the leaders, but with three games in hand and a superior goal difference (not surprising given that they have scored 36 goals in 6 games). They also have to play the leaders during the run-in.

If you want to catch the Menace (and not miss DHFC), then you have a chance to do so on Wednesday 13 April (18.30 KO) when they play Oaks and Junior Red Seniors at Coldharbour leisure centre (nearest station - Mottingham). Free entry...

As the season draws to a close, Peckham Town are 9 points adrift of the leaders, but with three games in hand and a superior goal difference (not surprising given that they have scored 36 goals in 6 games). They also have to play the leaders during the run-in.

If you want to catch the Menace (and not miss DHFC), then you have a chance to do so on Wednesday 13 April (18.30 KO) when they play Oaks and Junior Red Seniors at Coldharbour leisure centre (nearest station - Mottingham). Free entry...

Is it definitely at Coldharbour Leisure Centre as the website says it's at Peckham Town?

Sorry, didn't see that, went to Peckham Town, as saw nothing clear about the change on their website. Had the 'back up' of Forest Hill Park v. Sheppey United, in the Kent Invicta League, kick off 7.45pm. Sheppey comfortably won 4-0.

Back
Top Bottom