Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

It's alright...I'm used to spouting Duncan talking shit! Still...give it another year or two & The Hamlet will become his second favourite non-league side, as Pompey contine to plummet.

Nothing against them mind, they're my second favourite Hampshire professional side, after Southampton. And would become my second favourite non-league side, after Eastleigh, if the Spitfires haven't jumped over them by then.

It's alright...I'm used to spouting Duncan talking shit! ;) Still...give it another year or two & The Hamlet will become his second favourite non-league side, as Pompey contine to plummet. ;)

Nothing against them mind, they're my second favourite Hampshire professional side, after Southampton. ;) And would become my second favourite non-league side, after Eastleigh, if the Spitfires haven't jumped over them by then. ;)

Edited for correctness.

Not edited by me... When I put in a ";)" it means I'm joking, or 'bantz' as Dunc might call it...but I'm not. Well I am...to be honest never been particularly keen on Pompey...

Message from Chairman Brian...

These are the dates that the First Team will be playing their matches on don't know what teams we are playing yet. Waiting for the league to let me know

April

Saturday 4th April - at Home
Monday 6th April - at Home
Thursday 9th April - at Home
Saturday 11th April - at Home
Wednesday 15th April - We are Away
Saturday 18th April - we are Away
Tuesday 21st April - We are Away
Saturday 25th April - We are Away
Tuesday 28th April - at Home
Thursday 30th April at Home

Saturday 2nd May - at Home

Of those away games...the choices will be Bexlians, who play at Crown Wood College, in Eltham. (Done with our youth Team, now counted as a 'tick' by me!) No photos of the venue though.

Forest Hill Park, who play in Catford, at Ladywell Arena. Been there many times down the years. Home to Lewisham Borough, in the Kent Invicta League.
Will be a 'normal' kick off, if midweek, as it's floodlit.

Halstead United. The address listed has Halstead having a 'TN' postcode, which I assume is the Tonbridge area.
Not been there.

Farnborough Old Boys Guild. Farnborough, Kent. Bus ride from Bromley South station, nice social club, and a small bit of cover, with grass banking.

And next Tuesday 31st March, they are away to Phoenix Sports Reserves, their ground is about a mile or so from Barnehurst Station. Again a venue i've been to several times. Will be a 'normal' kick off, as they have lights.

Peckham Town still have a 100% win record in the league since end of September and are moving up the league. Confirmed fixtures are below. The game against Long Lane on Thursday is their derby. Who's up for that? N.B. early KO as no floodlights, yet, at the Menace Arena.

H Mon 6th, 2:45pm Halstead United
H Thu 9th, 6.30pm Long Lane
H Sat 11th, 2:45pm Blackheath Utd
A Wed 15th, 7.45pm Forest Hill Park (at the Ladywell Arena)
A Sat 18th, 2:45pm Bexlians
A Tue 21st, 6.45pm Halstead

TBC:
Saturday 25th April - Away

"The game against Long Lane on Thursday is their derby"

Eh? Long Lane are based in Kidbrooke. Surely their 'derby' game, if you can call anything a 'derby' game at this level, as there are very few, if any, fans to create a 'deby' atmosphere, it would be against Forest Hill Park? Much more of a 'derby' game than Long Lane! And Blackheath United, although a home game, is closer,as they are based just past Catford, at Bellingham.

Using your 'rule of thumb' half of the division would probably be 'derbies'...

"The game against Long Lane on Thursday is their derby"

Eh? Long Lane are based in Kidbrooke. Surely their 'derby' game, if you can call anything a 'derby' game at this level, as there are very few, if any, fans to create a 'deby' atmosphere, it would be against Forest Hill Park? Much more of a 'derby' game than Long Lane! And Blackheath United, although a home game, is closer,as they are based just past Catford, at Bellingham.

Using your 'rule of thumb' half of the division would probably be 'derbies'...

A derby doesn't have to be the nearest team. Wouldn't ours be Fisher in that case? And what about Palace/Brighton?

The management and Chairman Brian consider it their derby, and the games are often feisty apparently. I'll let them know that you don't agree...

Peckham Town still have a 100% win record in the league since end of September and are moving up the league. Confirmed fixtures are below. The game against Long Lane on Thursday is their derby. Who's up for that? N.B. early KO as no floodlights, yet, at the Menace Arena.

H Mon 6th, 2:45pm Halstead United
H Thu 9th, 6.30pm Long Lane
H Sat 11th, 2:45pm Blackheath Utd
A Wed 15th, 7.45pm Forest Hill Park (at the Ladywell Arena)
A Sat 18th, 2:45pm Bexlians
A Tue 21st, 6.45pm Halstead

TBC:
Saturday 25th April - Away

im well up for thursdays game....

It's going to be huge!

CB8IOj7W8AEY4dZ.jpg

When we spoke to the Peckham players after the game we went to, the name Long Lane came up in conversation. One of them simply shook his head and muttered, "I fucking hate Long Lane".

N.B. Brian has just told me that KO for the game on Thursday has been brought forward to 6.15pm (15 minutes earlier than initially published.

They lost their first league game since September on Monday. Losing 1-0 in the last minute after the opposition had parked the bus all game. They are all well up for Thursday apparently...

i think their pitch was dug up the other day - possibly to do with that?
it is strange

i went to a listed fixture about 6 weeks back and there was no one there...
The main pitch was dug up months ago. When I went to a game in November it was played on the second pitch (furthest from the entrance) which was already quite heavy at that time, hence all their games were postponed due to waterlogging for quite a long spell.

I quite fancy tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom