Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parking fine in Isleworth

Ponyutd

Greebo likes this....r.i.p.
Parked at my favourite spot in Isleworth yesterday for a spot of mudlarking on the Thames.
On return to the car found I had been issued a PCN.
Since my last visit there they have changed to residents parking.
No markings, no signs, no bays, in fact nothing at all to let you know!

I walked around and eventually found a sign about forty yards away with the correct information.
Shouldn't there be some signs informing drivers that it is now residents parking at the actual place of parking?

Also they have put the wrong street on the ticket.:facepalm:

Grounds for an appeal, or just pay it?

Parked at my favourite spot in Isleworth yesterday for a spot of mudlarking on the Thames.
On return to the car found I had been issued a PCN.
Since my last visit there they have changed to residents parking.
No markings, no signs, no bays, in fact nothing at all to let you know!

I walked around and eventually found a sign about forty yards away with the correct information.
Shouldn't there be some signs informing drivers that it is now residents parking at the actual place of parking?

Also they have put the wrong street on the ticket.:facepalm:

Grounds for an appeal, or just pay it?

The actual parking bays themselves have to be signed. If its a series of bays than one sign will suffice if there is a break in the bays than that could be grounds for appeal. Maybe give us the street name so we can check it out on streetview?

One thing is for certain that they will always (100% of the time) reject your appeal initially. I think they do it without even looking at the grounds for appeal. You have to be prepared for a long battle.

Wrong Street on the ticket suggests you won't have to pay should they try and take you to court - gently point this out to them along with a suggestion that they prove it and/or just cancel the ticket.

Record the convo, tell them you are going to record the convo.

Also - who has issued the PCN? The council or a 3rd party?

If it is a council, call their Democtraic Services office and ask for the contact details of the Councillor with Parking in their portfolio and email them pointing out that progressing this is a waste of public funds/CTax payers monies.

Also - who has issued the PCN? The council or a 3rd party?

If it is a council, call their Democtraic Services office and ask for the contact details of the Councillor with Parking in their portfolio and email them pointing out that progressing this is a waste of public funds/CTax payers monies.
London Borough of Hounslow

May I be the first to present the inevitable comedy answer "I'm glad to hear that, what about the rest of Hounslow?"

Thank you for writing to us regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
In response to your challenge we have cancelled your Penalty Charge Notice after carefully considering what you say.
In light of the above the case is closed and no further action needs to be taken.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Yours sincerely
Correspondence Team
On behalf of the London Borough of Hounslow

:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom