Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parental control software 2022 edition

Bahnhof Strasse

Met up with Hannah Courtoy a week next Tuesday
It's been a while, so if anyone has any insights as to what is best now that would be really helpful. BB2 is getting her first laptop tomorrow, BB1 was just trusted to do the right thing, BB2 is a different personality type...

How old are they? Do they have a phone? There's is lots of stuff you can do, but most of it can be out smarted. What do you actually want to block?

You could look at Open DNS as a start.

I don't know what ages they are, but I wouldn't give an under-18 anything but a Chromebook to destroy. Er, I mean use. Family Link allows pretty reasonable control of them, or at least much more than you'd get from Microsoft.

Your ISP should have some tools, either stuff you can install on their computer or to make it apply to the whole household.

I don't know what ages they are, but I wouldn't give an under-18 anything but a Chromebook to destroy. Er, I mean use. Family Link allows pretty reasonable control of them, or at least much more than you'd get from Microsoft.
Family link is actually pretty good and allows me to control quite a lot on my kids Chromebook and phone.

Education is more important imo though.

Well they're harder to break, but apparently a lot of young people can't even use files or folders. Jesus, person I was working with today was in their early 20s and struggling with the difference between a program and a Web page.

I think back to my spectrum, amiga and eventually PC and do wonder if a Chromebook would be being them a disservice in terms of learning.

Back
Top Bottom