Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mac Vs PC (2022 edition)

Maybe the thread title should include Chromebooks seeing as they outsold Macs in 2020...

I think the OP had quite specific needs in mind
Probably should have mentioned in the OP the main software suite will be Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, Lightroom & PhotoShop.

I've been eyeing up the MacBook pro's...... I want to replace my 2012 MacBook pro that's done me incredible service and still usable, but starting to really show its age (and also struggling editing my GoPro videos). I'm thinking about waiting to see what happens at the next wwdc though and giving me a change to clear my credit card a little.

I’m in a similar position with my 2013 MBP. I guess it’s probably worth waiting a bit longer now until they roll out the M2 chip across the range.

Mine is a 15” but I’m not sure what size to replace it with (I use a Thunderbolt Display at home) so I suppose I’ll have to brave shop sometime to look at them :hmm:

Yeah people were originally expecting the remaining laptop lineup to get M2 updates this year but it sounds like supply chain issues means this will happen sometime next year instead. Probably well before WDC I would think, though I couldnt totally bet it will be in the first quarter.

I've been eyeing up the MacBook pro's...... I want to replace my 2012 MacBook pro that's done me incredible service and still usable, but starting to really show its age (and also struggling editing my GoPro videos). I'm thinking about waiting to see what happens at the next wwdc though and giving me a change to clear my credit card a little.
I was wondering if you had replaced your old 2012 macbook and if it might be available for purchase if it matches my old one who has what I assume is a boiled/cooked motherboard

I was wondering if you had replaced your old 2012 macbook and if it might be available for purchase if it matches my old one who has what I assume is a boiled/cooked motherboard
Afraid not. Im now saving for a wedding so I’m keeping my MacBook going as long as I can. It’s 12 years old, the battery doesn’t work, but I can still DJ and do college work on it

Back
Top Bottom