Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Only Scottish Tory MP chased out of town at foodbank opening

weepiper

I fix the machines that fight climate change
Osborne is to announce the hungry are to pay for the shit on their noses after the Tories finish rubbing it in

To paraphrase a protester in Dumfries, it's absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age people in rich countries have to rely on food banks because of benefit cuts.

If, hypothetically, there was a crisis such as a war or blockade it might be excusable to use them. The fact that they are being used because of income inequality is inexcusable.

I remember discourse around charity when I was younger, and there was more questioning of it. Now many people see charity as an excellent thing - sadly there is less questioning of the politics of charity.

To paraphrase a protester in Dumfries, it's absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age people in rich countries have to rely on food banks because of benefit cuts.

If, hypothetically, there was a crisis such as a war or blockade it might be excusable to use them. The fact that they are being used because of income inequality is inexcusable.

I remember discourse around charity when I was younger, and there was more questioning of it. Now many people see charity as an excellent thing - sadly there is less questioning of the politics of charity.

Back
Top Bottom