Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Just finished listening to all the Fall studio albums (in chronological order) took me about three days.

Apart from that
Dylan LeBlanc - Paupers Field, decent country/folk
William Elliot Whitmore - Field Songs, same thing but probably the better of the two
Metronomy - English Riviera, good
King Creosote and Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine, first KC album I've listened to, anybody got any suggestions for which of his other stuff I should grab? He's got as many albums as the Fall.

Just finished listening to all the Fall studio albums (in chronological order) took me about three days.
That's dedication for ya. :D I love The Fall I don't think I've even heard everything he's done. I'm listening to Vespertine by Bjork just now, an absolutely gorgeous record I don't listen to enough.

How many is that? And do you have a favourite? (Safe to say, the number is too high to do a proper poll thread.)

The Delgados - The Great Eastern

Truly, one of the greatest albums of the 00s. A masterpiece from start to finish, they are much missed.

How many is that? And do you have a favourite? (Safe to say, the number is too high to do a proper poll thread.)
28, hard to choose a favourite really, I like the Brix period a lot (Wondeful and Frightening...., This Nations ...., Bend Sinister, Frenz Experiment) and the last two albums have been great.

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Not sure why I decided to pull this out after all this time but I'm enjoying it.

Iarla O' Lionaird - Seven Steps to Mercy. Really chilled out ina Gaelic style...
BAD II - The Globe. Underrated brimming with fab samples...

28, hard to choose a favourite really, I like the Brix period a lot (Wondeful and Frightening...., This Nations ...., Bend Sinister, Frenz Experiment) and the last two albums have been great.

I've only got Grotesque, Hex, Perverted, Nations and YFOC, so I don't feel I can make as good a judgement as you. I always get more when I find them going cheap though. I heard there's a new one in around October, but don't know of a date or title yet (or indeed any band member changes).

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Blanck Mass - Blanck Mass

V/a - Headful Of Rock 2 (German Sony alt rock/indie comp from '94)
mostly bands I've never heard of, bands I've never heard before, song's I'd long forgotten having heard on radio1/the chart show once & German bands trying sound American/British+ Oasis, Suede and The Boo Radley's

A playlist I've got called 'Songs I Don't Listen To Often Enough'. 'Houses In Motion' by Talking Heads playing just now.

Augustus Pablo.

Nothing else would do in my tent last night. Nothing like sleeping on the ground to connect you to something timeless ...

Back
Top Bottom