Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Download version is only £3.99 at Amazon, just downloading now.

edit; it's not the deluxe version, I'll just grab the extra tracks elsewhere hopefully.
wish I'd seen your post earlier, I paid £7.99 for it from itunes!
and the Amazon £3.99 version has got an extra track on it. .

The Futureheads - s/t
I may already own this :oops: not sure, or if it's just that I've heard a lot of the songs on the radio &/or being very familiar
with their style (plus confused over buying the Hounds Of Love single at the time).

Heard it so many time but their Hounds Of Love still has it (original version/mix anyway).

eta: the radio mixes tagged on the end first just gave me a rush of nostalgia for good moments from @2004 and Hounds Of Love just punched me in the heart like it did the first time I felt/understood it (normally it's only Kate's that does that). Heard theirs first (which is a bit :oops:)

eta: now The Klaxon - Myths Of The Near Future:cool:

Gonna have to play Bankrobber & a couple more Clash songs* now after the discussion & quoting in the David Starkey is a racist cunt thread.

*Know Your Rights & This Is England I think.

eta: interrupted by the White Riot w/Jimmy Pursey live at Rock against racism video in that thread.

ooh the 7" single mix of this England has more differences than just the rearranged verses & missing one about racist violence and police complicity.
listening to the album version (off Essential Clash) right now

1989-06-15_-_Liaisons_Dangereuses_-_Welcome_To_The_Pleasuredome_-1.jpg

Julian Cope - Manchester Royal Exchange 1997. Which turned out to be him rambling on at a poetry thing, rather than playing songs. Which some might consider a drastic improvement.

Evil Nine - They Live! Which certainly wakes one up of a morning

Finally tracked this 12" down after hearing it on one of Ska's Manasseh tapes, and sounding hard, heavy and sweet on my rig

Doors - L.A. Woman, the 40th Anniversary mix version. I like how they've beefed the sound up on this but I can see why the intro to the title track didn't make it onto the original album. Likewise the extra verse to 'Cars Hiss By My Window'. I quite like the extra bit at the end of 'Love Her Madly' mind.

Scientist - Meets the Space Invaders
Babybird - Between My Ears There's Nothing But Music
Autechre - Tri Repetae (picked up for a fiver yesterday, on the first listen one of their best :cool:)

Wolf Gang - Suego Faults
^ had a couple of those massive 'oh so that's who's that's by' moments.
v/a - Mojo Presents Love Will Tear You Apart
^ Elbow's Scattered Black and Whites is a bad choice when you're feeling hormonal

To Rococo Rot - Veiculo
Rjd2 - Deadringer

What a find the latter is, picked up on Friday for £4 in Oxfam, an hour of thumping Shadow-esque beats. :cool:

I was taught in O Level music that you must modulate.
This certainly obeys that rule.

I'm not sure the music I usually listen to ever does that ...

Back
Top Bottom