Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

is your cd listening regime some kind of penance rollinder? what could you possibly have done that deserves such a harsh punishment?

nah, just exploring the dark remnents of my cd collection & reaching the forgotten why do I still own these section.

Been having a Dickie Hammond day.

The Jones - Gravity Blues
Doctor Bison - The Bloated Vegas Years
Leatherface - Cherry Knowle
Leatherface - Mush
Doctor Bison - Bring It On.

múm - Please Smile My Noise Bleed
Ride - Nowhere

I have been searching for Nowhere on CD for ages, and I finally found it yesterday in the very excellent Sound Machine in Reading second hand in a 3 for a tenner deal. Sound Machine's right next to the station, so well worth popping in if you're there (there are admittedly very few reasons to visit Reading, so let's celebrate this hidden treasure).

Is it that good? It's on my might-pick-it-up-if-I-find-it-cheap-or-on-promo list.

I love it, it's the first time I've had it on for a month or so and bearing in mind how many plays it's had it's still way up there. Mind you I know a few people who don't like it (but loved them live).

Welcome-Reality.jpg

been awaiting this release of the debut Nero album for some time. Got it now, and going to give it a listen this evening. I won't be disappointed.

Ride - Nowhere
Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia - Indian Ink
Helen Love - Radio Hits
Gruff Rhys - Candylion

Two Oxford and two South Wales (although I've heard Swansea and Cardiff are different places ;) ).

Helen Love - Radio Hits
Beck - Midnite Vultures

Been a long time since I listened to MV. Not my favourite Beck album, but still solid.

John Lee Hooker - Urban Blues. Great late 60's album that danny la rouge has just very helpfully brought to my attention.

Blanck Mass - Blanck Mass

One half of Fuck Buttons' new album, which I picked up today. Huge pulsating ambiance, and really rather brilliant, much like the FBs.

Yeah completely agree, took a couple of listens but I really like it.

Have you heard Art Deparment's The Drawing Board? Electronicky drone synth hey nonny no-ism

Yeah completely agree, took a couple of listens but I really like it.

Have you heard Art Deparment's The Drawing Board? Electronicky drone synth hey nonny no-ism

I haven't actually, but I will investigate. Stars of the Lid are another good tip for Fuck Buttons-esque doodlings, but you probably already knew them.

Fittingly, I've also got Blanck Mass playing at the moment, and it does get better with every listen.

More John lee Hooker. Having now completed my downloading binge of his back catalogue, I was just listening to 'The Country Blues" and now I'm listening to "Live At The Cafe Au Go Go". Both are fucking great.

Back
Top Bottom