Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

There isn't a new fuck buttons album........is there?

No, it's Ben Power, one half of Fuck Buttons, doing his own thing under the name Blanck Mass. Similarly driving to Fuck Buttons' stuff, but on first listen less beats.

múm - Please Smile My Noise Bleed

Having an F day.

Fugazi - 13 Songs
Four Tet - Rounds
fIREHOSE - Mr. Machinery Operator
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
Fields of the Nephilim - The Nephilim

Blanck Mass...Blanck Mass, first listen, a bit lightweight maybe

Title Fight...The last thing you forget, heard this a few times, it's growing on me. Think I'll go see em.

Dub Spencer & Trance Hill - Clashification Of Dub. Listened to this a fair bit lately - am currently getting some of their other (non-Clash) stuff to see if it compares favourably.

recent listening:

Moby - 18

The Carpenters - classic airwaves
^ live in Japan in '72 - complete with corny 'oldies medley' including a version of Leader Of The Pack that verges from hilarious to heartbreaking & segues into Johnny Angel via the 2nd motorcycle death crash sound effect (pos more ott than on the original version).
Fuck, Karen had a gorgeous voice.

The Elms - The Big Surprise
^ Christian music disguised as retro indie & bought by mistake:oops:
real men cry and this makes them just like Jesus apparently, and Jesus was a real man because he didn't back down out of getting himself killed in front of other people :facepalm:
Probably the only album to reference Dylan's Slow Train Coming.

Notion Music presents rogue indie featuring The Datsuns
^ plus some other band's who (still) nobody's ever heard of.

The Bandits - And They Walked Away

Ocean Colour Scene - North Atlantic Drift
(& I still can't type their name without fucking up Oceon. :facepalm::mad: )
eta: deliberate non-spellcheckery there.

is your cd listening regime some kind of penance rollinder? what could you possibly have done that deserves such a harsh punishment?

Back
Top Bottom