Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

recent listening: Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby
v/a - Best of 2006 (Vital / Chain With No Name comp)
The Infested - Myths, Lies And Hypocrites
Lucie Silvas - breath in
v/a - MTV2 Handpicked
Jimmy Cliff - 1973 - 1975 the EMi years

The Twilight Singers - Dynamite Steps

As a long-term Dulli afficianado, I'm sure this'll be quite high in my eventual 2011 list.

v/a - Meatloaf And Friends (aka a bunch of Meatloaf, Bonnie Tyler , Jim Steinman , and Ellen Foley songs mixed together)
^ cheeese :D
Full/long version of Total Eclipse Of The Heart :cool:
Ellen Foly in not (entirely) shit/flat shocker - her other two tracks aren't as good as We belong To The Night, but that one is actually good. Weird hearing Jim Steinman's original version of Rock And Roll Dreams Come True from over a decade earlier (loved Meatloaf's version when it came out, not as much as I'd Do Any Thing For Love though), sounds like a demo. His Bad For Good is epic, he's doing his best Meatloaf impression & singing about not being built for comfort but speed :D:eek:

The baseball commentary (extended getting to 1st/whatever base metaphor) on Paradise by the dashboard lights is massively cringe & an eek moment when it starts talking about how it looks like he's going to be slipping it right in.
eek.gif

The new Polar Bear Club EP - The View, The Life. It's pretty good, the material I've heard from the upcoming album is also sounding pretty tight. They were mental live in Norwich last month.

v/a - The Fast And The Furious original soundtrack
The Rasmus - Dead Letters
Sugar - File Under Easy Listening

Back
Top Bottom