Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Ride - Nowhere

I've heard it dubbed the second best shoegaze album (after Loveless of course), and whilst it's a long way short of MBV, it is growing on me with every listen.

220px-PlayingintheShadows.jpg

Halfway thru listening to the new Example album Playing In the Shadows.
Pretty good so far

Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know - think I need to listen to this one again before making up my mind.
Mogwai - Earth Division - Fantastic, slightly different spin, especially the first track, but still recognisably them.
Tinariwen - Tassili - OK but I'm not keen on the English vocals. Weaker than their previous two.
Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down - Some good tracks but quite a bit of filler
Richmond Fontaine - The High Country - First album of theirs I've heard and definitely good enough for me to check out the rest of their stuff.

Ride - Nowhere

I've heard it dubbed the second best shoegaze album (after Loveless of course), and whilst it's a long way short of MBV, it is growing on me with every listen.

I only knew a couple of tracks off that album so I grabbed it and am on second listen now, bloody good album, cheers for mentioning it.

Television Personalities - My Dark Places

Just arrived today. Best TVPs album ever. I should have got this long ago. Sorry Dan.

The Bellrays - Meet The Bellrays

Why aren't they one of the biggest bands in the entire world? It's so clearly what they deserve.

The Dirt Daubers - Wake Up Singers - Side project from the lead singer of Th'Legendary Shack-Shakers. Absolutely great, Danny and Butchers you should check this out I reckon you'd rate it.

Back
Top Bottom