Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

bent.gif

:cool: :cool:

The Cat Empire - Two Shoes
Psycatron & Paul Woolford - Cloud 9
Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime (Axwell Remix) - MAGIC :)

Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post Pavilion"

It's OK, but I'm really not getting the critical adoration for this. It may improve with more listens (this is number 2), but I'm not really holding my breath.

I've listened to animal collective before and, at the risk of sounding like an old bastard, it's just... noise, isn't it? I'll have to try again because they seem to get mad props (mainly from hipsters tbf so might not mean much).

I've listened to animal collective before and, at the risk of sounding like an old bastard, it's just... noise, isn't it? I'll have to try again because they seem to get mad props (mainly from hipsters tbf so might not mean much).

Curious. I love them. They make beautiful sweet harmonious music. I fail to see how you could describe them as noise, even if you don't like them. Pwoppa POP music.

Curious. I love them. They make beautiful sweet harmonious music. I fail to see how you could describe them as noise, even if you don't like them. Pwoppa POP music.

I'll have to give them another chance. I don't like to write music off without giving it a few listens, I've just never really gone back to them after the first shot. It sounded like a random assembly of different noise samples and stuff, not proper songs? Maybe I'm not remembering that properly.

written @ 2 - 3 :am Christmas day
posting now because my internet was being a cunt

yesterday: Radio 1 - Scott Mills Christmas hits wonder years
Bohemian Rhapsody & Fairytale Of New York on Radio 1:cool: the crap stuff = :facepalm: and lols at Proper Crimbo & Chocolate Salty Balls.

Mojo's Blue Christmas comp
been five years since they did this and the first Christmas I've remembered to listen to it :facepalm:
nearly perfect - Ed Harcourt almost growling through In The Bleak Midwinter doesn't really work.
That David McAlmont & David Arnold version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is so fragile and sad, and the first time I've heard him use his voice to fit the song.

forgot about The Handsome Family/their Too Much Wine again and how good it/they are.

Urban75 radio -
Part of the Prod festive mix, not sure how much
then the record club xmas special up to something Christmasy at arround 12:25ish
had to cut off 'cos The Goodies were about to start.

now (when typed 3am ish) : The Pogues - The Ultimate Collection
(traditional innit)
on shuffle - Rainy Night in Soho is slaying me atm
still trying (eta)*to work out * what/who the fuck Tuesday Morning sounds like.

Fairtale Of New York heard it so many times now but still :cool: but :(
Kirsty's been gone ten years now *is sad*

sleeve noters/credits for the live disc said:
For Kirsty Macoll (1959-2000) and Joe Strummer (1952 - 2002)

+ The Pogues - Lullaby Of London & The Broad Majestic Shannon
and then fairytale Of New york & Rainy Night In Soho again.

Protection – Massive Attack
Trance Atlantic Highways Volume 4 – Various Artists
Nu Jazz Generation – Various Artists
Modus Operandi – Photek

recent listening: TOTP 85 xmas special on the telly
bit of Matt Smith & Karen Gillingthingy (The Doctor & Amy) guest djing on radio1
missed most of it but they were fun (his first gig was a Who tribute band - hers was Blazin Squad:D eta: Matt ripped the piss a bit out of that)
bit of the Chart of the year (still r1)

Pet Shop Boys - Bilingual

Radio1 stories : Tiesto being interviewed/talking about his musical history.

last few hours bit of Killer B's Afrominimal 2 :cool:
followed by Megahedron (music to drop bass to):cool::cool:
& Jack of Dubs
all on urban75 radio
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/threads/338676-Playlist-December-10

Back
Top Bottom