Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

giraffe.jpg

Phil Spector - "A Christmas Gift For You" (getting its annual play)
Emma Pollock - "The Law of Large Numbers" (she has, and has always had, the most gorgeous voice)

yesterday:
v/a - Zero : a Martin Hannett story 1977-1991

fucking amazing music/production:cool: (except when it isn't - fucking World Of bloody Twist)
& new (to me) bands/artists/albums to check out.
Why aren't the lyrics to Basement Five's - Last White Christmas anywhere on the internets:(

Good Gawd - a Clannad track just came up on "sleepbot" and I liked it. :eek:
I'd forgotten how attractive Enya's voice used to be before she went solo.

It's that time of year. I used to find Elizabethan music appealing around now - and this station had some Spanish classical guitar earlier ...

I'm home alone for three solid weeks now and I'll need to find some new musical themes to follow / re-discover to keep me sane ...

Sounds fuck all like Marvin or Curtis, in case anyone's wondering. The joy of being talented. :cool:

Yeah, I downloaded a couple of tracks due to the Curtis comparison I'd read, and you're right, nothing like it. Pleasant, but not enough to totally bowl me over.

Babybird - "Ex-Maniac"
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - "Gorky5"
PJ Harvey - "Dry" (new album in February :cool:)
Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post Pavilion" (on the first listen, this hasn't totally lived up to the reviews, but it may grow on me)

chaka khan - i feel for you (prince produced this. seems to have his name on everything good)
scritti politti - absolute
re-flex - politics of dancing

Back
Top Bottom