Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erland and the Carnival - s/t

Bought this after seeing them support Tunng the other week and being knocked out by them. The album is good, but just doesn't do them justice - they fucking ROCKED live

Hints of Scott Walker, Calexico, a lot of fucking about with trad folk songs...is good :cool:

Erland Cooper is a proper charismatic frontman too :cool: I've not seen inside his kecks but I can guarantee you he will have big balls :D

Morning, soj. Nice image to start the day with, that... ;) :D

NP:

51J5mQggFvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sultans - Shipwrecked

morning dogbotty - yeh heh, well, you'd know what I mean if you saw them live. He's only dead young, but a PROPER frontman, you know? :cool: Am off to see them in Liverpool soon - think they're the best support act I've ever seen :cool:

the latest Mojo comp - Heavy Soul

I don't think anything will ever quite top their Raw Soul comp, but this is pretty damn fine. Well, owt with Betty Davis and Curtis on it has to be good, right?

so rollinder - wotja think? ;):D

Lightnin' Hopkins - Texas Blues. Always wanted to hear more of his stuff - finally got an album and it's just as good as I thought it would be.

Cutty Ranks - The Return (Bizzy B & Ruffkut Remix)

I don't care that its Monday tomorrow and that i have another body&mind destroying week ahead. I'm having a five minute rinse and a cup of tea :)

Nic Jones - Clyde Water
Bob Dylan - One of us Must Know (Sooner or Later)
John Barry - The Ipcress File
Ozric Tentacles - Mae Hong Song
ELF - Rainbow
Rolling Stones - Prodigal Son
Prodigy - Bug Powder

:cool: :cool:

Been listening to loads of techno/acid/ambient vinyl today that I probably last played about 10 years ago :eek:

On the deck right now - Universal Indicator Blue.... a mix soon come me thinks! :D

the latest Mojo comp - Heavy Soul

I don't think anything will ever quite top their Raw Soul comp, but this is pretty damn fine. Well, owt with Betty Davis and Curtis on it has to be good, right?

so rollinder - wotja think? ;):D

^ haven't bought it yet - think Smiths have stopped stocking Mojo:hmm:

recent listening:
v/a - Ska Madness : 20 reggae classics that inspired the Two Tone revolution
got most of it already but it's a good comp and Rhoda Dhaka's notes are good.
Some tracks may've been mixed/mastered a bit flat :confused:

Public Enemy - Power To The People And The Beats (greatest hits)

and part watched / part just listened to the songs of Nick Drake bbc4 concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom