Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha - The Impossible Thrill
John Cale - Haliluah
Stiff Little Fingers - Johnny Was (youtube) x3

now - VPRO Night Train Heartlands -songs for the Johnnies :cool::cool:
realaudio recording of a Dutch radio mixtape of songs based around When Johnny Comes Marching Home, first place I heard SLF's version of the above (iirc the origanal's on there as well), first time I heard The Clash doing English Civil War and the possible origanal song Johnny I hardly Knew You
There's another great song about the preverbial "Johnny" going off to war through the ages from different citys, mentions Birmingham

one of these days I'm definitly going to track down better quality versions of the tracks.

31EvmU-eiuL._SL500_AA170_.jpg

Although, not the japanese import.

31EvmU-eiuL._SL500_AA170_.jpg

Although, not the japanese import.

that reminds me to check up on something....

no, i was wrong. i was wondering if the bronx singer was the same guy that did vocals for hot snakes cos they sounded similar, but they are not the same dude. which doesn't surprise me actually, as the bronx are an east coast band and hot snakes west coat, yeah?

today i have been listening to...

the bonneville barons - "platter pinata" and i'm gutted, i've just found out that they are playing the hillbilly hop on the 4th of july, but i'm already going to see moz on that date. oh well, they are playing at dingwalls in august, i'll maybe go see 'em then.

Nah, Matt Caughthran in the Bronx, Rick Froberg in Hot Snakes.

Snakes are from SD, I believe, the Bronx from LA.

well there you go. for some strange reason - and i can't for the life of me think why - i assumed the bronx were from new york :D cheers cowboy.

nice teeth, john.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom