Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Shangri-Las - Myrmidions of Melodrama :cool:

(except I've got the line '....and give him a great big kiss - MWAH' stuck in my head..:oops:)

sojourner said:
I keep looking for all the Alan Lomax stuff on slsk - found one person who's got fuckloads, so plundering bit by bit

The Muddy stuff is on cd on the Chess label (CHD-9344).

Just now:

Basant Kabra, sarod; Swapan Chaudari, tabla-- Lineage: Maihar Gharana Vols. 1 & 2

Adem - Takes. Album of covers, so doesn't all work, but some is lovely, especially what he's done to To Cure A Weakling Child / Boy Girl Song by Aphex Twin. Just stunning

Michael Jackson - Thriller

the girls da, me, my sister, niece and nephew & my 2 have been out by the water teaching my niece, nephew & my 2 the thriller dance....

we had some strange looks from tourists :oops:

but they got it down and were awesome....:D

Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell - Sunday at Devil Dirt

This time its the proper official version (which is the same as the unofficial version except it costs money):rolleyes:

Portishead - "Dummy"
Brian Eno - "Apollo"
Snoop Doggy Dogg - "Doggystyle"
Th' Faith Healers - "Imaginary Friend"
The Cure - "Japanese Whispers"

Cocteau Twins - Head Over Heels
David Sylvian - Godman
Mansun - Attack of the Grey Lantern
Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver (utterly delicious album)

Little Walter (Jacobs)-- Blues With a Feeling
James Cotton-- High Compression
Muddy Waters-- Rare and Unissued

Yet another Jon Spencer Blues Explosion marathon for me today :cool:

"She got some new improoooved sheeit..."

pop will eat itself - "the looks or the lifestyle" and "the pop will eat itself cure for sanity" (which is a remarkably good album, imo) :cool:

Same Fall comp as yesterday. I think I'm definitely moving towards 'liking lots' now, which is incredible given my complete apathy towards them for most of my life

That Annierak gives good comp :cool:

lots and lots of Wu Tang / Ghostface Killah / Method Man

New Kingdom - Paradise Don't Come Cheap

Dr Octagon - Octagonalyst

Nana Vasconcelos-- Bush Dance
Egberto Gismonti, Nana Vasconcelos-- Duas Voces
Egberto Gismonti-- Sol do meio dia.

Cool Cuts (from) Carling Premier promo comp 80's electro(ish) with the :cool: remix of Gary Numan - Cars off the old advert
Hard Cell - Celluiod records comp with Timezone - World Destruction on it :cool: :cool:
The Big Noise - va Made Trade Fair Guardian/Oxfam comp - currently (re)replaying Radiohead- Where I End & You Begin (demo) & Lemon Jelly - Ramblin' Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom