Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a splurge on new CDs:

Planet Mu Records - 10 Tons Heavy
PLanet Mu again - 200
Frederic Galliano presents - Kuduro Sound System
Undergroud Resistance - Interstellar Fugitives 2: Destruction of Order.

:)

TOTP halloween special is on the tv:D :cool:

just seen the goofiest miming to guitar ever from the shadows - well since the one with Stan Ridgway on the song before :) *adds the album with comaflage to my soulseek queue*

The factoids are being relivent and inteligible tonight - Steve Wright's still a tosser mind (and they cut the intro to Arthur Brown)

fuck Bauhaus were good:eek: :cool: ( total Bowie fixation)

now Pans People are dancing around in tatty fancy dress to the monster mash
one appears to be a vampire teddy bear:rolleyes:

ok how come I know Voice Of The Beehive?
connection to eta: I knew steve wright and his team of reserachers were too thick to know the double reliveance of Voice of the beehive - & not just having monster in the song title
eta2: The rattles=amazing - so's Souxie
Brayan Ferry's part in his version of I put a spell on you is just as shit as I thought at the time & he was all greasy and sweaty

Ian Anderson is now doing his best "look mum I'm on drugs - LOOK AT MY EYYES" impression

Warron Zevron's acoustic Werewolves of London = stunning and the namechech for Joe Strummer plus the shot of him dancing along :D
- that was off Jools Holland wasn't it?
I've known that Split Endz song for years without knowing it was them
and the full video for Thriller :cool: (had to do a version that routine in gym or whatever it was class - talking of repressed memories when I was 12/13 I must have had access to eye/brain bleach to have completely wiped the horror of the MC Hammer addams family video out of my mind)

now electic proms

fuck Bloc Party have got good - they should always have a chior
*makes mental note to track down these programes (or at least the decent clips off totp2*

Bit of a splurge on new CDs:

Planet Mu Records - 10 Tons Heavy
PLanet Mu again - 200
Have you got the "Sacred Sounds Of Mu" complilation? It's dead good. I got it, double CD, for a fiver. Some names I've going to investigate further like Tom Burbank and Daedelus.

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

I think I've just fallen in love with Kele Okereke and the bands suddenly started making sense - left the room before I pissed my self and came back to find it finishing - fucking bbc only showing 30mins - hope the whole set got filmed

I've been listening to a lot of Bat For Lashes over the past week. Although she wears her influences on her sleeve too strongly – all the harpsichord is very Toris Amos circa Boys For Pele, and some of her vocal motifs are ripped straight from Bjork – the tunes are nevertheless gorgeous :cool:

'One Smart Nigger' King Geedorah
'Can't Forget About You' Nas
'You Keep Runnin' Away' The Four Tops
'Damask Rose' Vangelis
'Hysteria' Muse
'Shake The Disease' Depeche Mode

BB:)

Exile on Coldharbour Lane - Alabama 3 - which my parents lent to me yesterday following a chat about my ongoing obsession with the Sopranos :D

Loretta Lynn comp

Dubversion said:
your parents like Alabama 3?

that's very very cool indeed :)
They were raving about Alabama 3 years ago

And yes, they do have very good taste in music. Best thing about my childhood was the music in the house :cool:

The Guess Who - Greatest Hits

My dad was friends with them back in the day, so when I was eightish he bought me the CD. It's our bonding time.

The Godfathers - The Godfathers

The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death

The Godfathers - This Damnation

The Godfathers - After Life

The Godfathers - Live at the Venue

The Godafthers - Peel Sessions/Radio 1

I miss their surly, stylish and uber-maximum R n B rock n roll. :(

Girls Aloud - "Sound Of The Underground" (I think this remains the best of their three studio albums, although they're all fantastic)
"Sacred Sounds Of Mu"
Super Furry Animals - "Mwng"
Carter USM - "A World Without Dave"
Daft Punk - "Human After All"
Missy Elliott - "Miss E.... So Addictive"

Currently having a bit of a moment to, Who Dares To Believe - The Believers :cool:

Track 6 on Strictly MAW mixed by Louie Vega and Kenny Dope disc 2, listening on my new Shure headphones and literally jumped out of my skin when an unexpected effect went left to right in the mix.

Still with MAW,

Barbara Tucker - Beautiful People, into
Hardrive - Deep Inside

Perfect Sunday night listening imho.

ETA; and now Logic - The Warning :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom