Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Cycling Events

ROC knocked out of Men's sprint by Trinidad and Tobago's Nicholas Paul. Like that.

Assuming that ruling stands, touch wood (bit of lane drift).

LOVING this omnium.

(Wait until the Madison on Saturday - that is the main event (and one for the nerds!)...Basically a tag team points race :cool: )

This is the one I was saying up thread I saw last time and had no idea how it worked.

I still have no idea and was pleased to hear the commentator asking how the riders knew what was going on and the answer was a bit 🤷‍♀️ :D .

I think it's like a decathlon right? Different events and then they tote up the points? I keep dipping in and out. All a bit confusing!

The one with a lost looking Mr Bean on his shopping bike is the best though so far.

Reactions: Sue
This is the one I was saying up thread I saw last time and had no idea how it worked.

I still have no idea and was pleased to hear the commentator asking how the riders knew what was going on and the answer was a bit 🤷‍♀️ :D .

It's 4 events (used to be/can be 6), supposedly to mimic a cycling pentathlon...

Though (as I understand it), the key difference, is the all-but-the-last event, are effectively giving you a points head-start for the final race, where the length of the race, and points available, are much higher, and occur throughout the race.

Brings in oodles of tactics around marking rivals, and knowing when to commit to the super effort of the goal of lapping the field (worth 20 points).

Respect to that girl who is back on her bike after being taken out then had someone else ride all over her :eek:

Sorry, it's nonsense. A city centre criterium would be a much better idea for a cycling medal.

Yeah, a crit race would make for excellent viewing. Although they can be a bit accident-heavy...

Crit racing as a sport could do with it too... lot of young people could be coming up through that kind of racing. I wonder if there'll be a push for it for LA 2028, popular in the US.

Yeah, a crit race would make for excellent viewing. Although they can be a bit accident-heavy...

Crit racing as a sport could do with it too... lot of young people could be coming up through that kind of racing. I wonder if there'll be a push for it for LA 2028, popular in the US.
Might as well have an accident on the road than on the Madison.
Yes, crits would bring young people into the sport and it would also be good for the host city to showcase the sights. I'm sure Paris could come up with an iconic course. Anyway the next Olympics is probably all decided so hopefully USA will take an event away from the velodrome and have a crit. Actually take two away and have a gravel race :cool:

Back
Top Bottom