Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh my God, My Eyes! Ugliest Car Ever

for a few years the PT cruiser convertible was the ugliest on the roads

the hardtop is bad enough but the convertibel is even worse

for a start it has an ugly roll bar

pt-cruiser-convertible-2007.jpg

it looks even worse with the roof up. the rear end comes up too high and the flat back looks awful

header-chrysler-pt.jpg

before the PT , the crown was held by the ridiculous suzuki x90

x90%20rear%20web.jpg

a two seat 4x4? a bad idea, poorly executed

recently i've spotted a challenger

the daihatsu materia

site_range_materia_gallery_01_large_badge.jpg

it's like a brick with wheels.

that cheap road fund licence won't tempt me
I've never seen an attractive Chrysler car yet, they're all hideous, but that takes the biscuit.

Agreed on the 2 seater 4x4. Why? What's the point?

And yes, the Daihatsu is also a challenger.

Talking of brick on wheels, I used to work with a bloke who had one of these:

2000%20nissan%20cube.jpg

A Nissan Cube. Strangely I kind of liked it in a funny way.

The bloke was a right cunt though.
Again... why?

That looks like something that Postman Pat would drive, not a proper grown up.

Indonesia is having a go for the top end car market with this 200cc monster of a sports job.

PIC_3796.jpg
Did those guys not learn anything from the branding of the MR2? The MR2 had to be rebranded in France... think about it... ;)

Likewise, Merdeka, shit car? :eek: :confused:

HPIM4110.jpg

The Thing. :confused:

For my money though, no one can beat the Russians for consistently funky cars.

fe73.jpg

And that's the 2003 model! :D

Thx :)

how did this thread get to page 3 without the BMW X6?

P0041064_L_m.jpg

the picture doesn't convey how massive it is .
*shudder*

on another forum it was described as a cross between a spaceship and a toilet ....

to which i added - all the more suprising as it isn't french,

Now what about this.....hate to admit but my dad had one and it was the first car I drove alone after passing my test.....that colour as well :oops:

120yja5.jpg

Now what about this.....hate to admit but my dad had one and it was the first car I drove alone after passing my test.....that colour as well :oops:

120yja5.jpg
That's a 120Y isn't it? It was the first japanese car I ever rode in and I couldn't believe how cheap the plastic on the inside looked! :eek:

Almost......It's actually a FSO Caro....the later version of the Polonez. That particular one had the good old Peugeot diesel in it. Very tough old cars,were these !!

Brilliant, what a fabulous thread. Every new post seemed to have something more hideous and very funny in some cases. I agree that the Pontiac Aztec is an absolute mess. Pontiacs are to go though so perhaps the designers had got wind of this and were having a laugh. I guess quite a lot of the designs of the really silly looking ones were put up with a pinch of salt by their designers and somehow got past the final decision makers by chance.

The Chrysler Cruiser with the hard top is I think meant to evoke the '30s in its design, I am fairly sure it is a nod in the direction of the famous Chrysler Airflow which was to influence quite a lot of British Designs albeit years later and after the war. My own choice for ugliest would have been that Fiat with the 3 seats across based on what I had seen in real life, but some of these pictures were much more hideous.

I laughed when I read the comment about the Edsel "I don't like the look on its face". Perhaps that is why nobody bought the doomed car. :)

The last of the line was ugly, and contrasted so much with the beauty of the original

Attachments

• Jaguar-E-Type-Series-3-Last-of-Line.jpg
    Jaguar-E-Type-Series-3-Last-of-Line.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Jaguar_E-type_Series_I.jpg
    Jaguar_E-type_Series_I.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 102
The last of the line was ugly, and contrasted so much with the beauty of the original

As much as I love Jags of all kinds, I have to agree with you. Although this is, to be fair, somewhat counterbalanced by the fact that the early model E Types, while being 'the most beautiful car in the world' (in the words of some Italian bloke named Enzo Ferrari) were also, by all accounts, quite horrible things to drive.

fe73.jpg

And that's the 2003 model! :D

Thx :)

That's a GAZ 21 Series 3 made between 1962 and 1970 - I know because I had a black one I bought in Kabul in 2002. I got it back to Bahrain where I was living and had grandiose plans for a refurbishment but I ended up leaving the Middle East shortly after and sold it to another optimist.

Fans of the GAZ 21 are commended to the light hearted '60s Soviet crime film Beregis Avtomobilya in which it is heavily featured.

for a few years the PT cruiser convertible was the ugliest on the roads

the hardtop is bad enough but the convertibel is even worse

for a start it has an ugly roll bar

pt-cruiser-convertible-2007.jpg

it looks even worse with the roof up. the rear end comes up too high and the flat back looks awful

header-chrysler-pt.jpg

before the PT , the crown was held by the ridiculous suzuki x90

x90%20rear%20web.jpg

a two seat 4x4? a bad idea, poorly executed

recently i've spotted a challenger

the daihatsu materia

site_range_materia_gallery_01_large_badge.jpg

it's like a brick with wheels.

that cheap road fund licence won't tempt me

Note: The Suzuki X-90, although reportedly based on Vitara parts, was not a 4x4 vehicle, but rather, was 2 wheel drive...

Is that a BMW under there ?? That's just horrible ! :eek:
Whoever built that should be taken out and shot !

Back
Top Bottom