Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh my God, My Eyes! Ugliest Car Ever

I quite like some of these cars. Particularly the really bizarre ones. I wouldn't *buy* one, but I quite like them :(

princess_07.jpg

I have a soft spot for those early 18/22 cars. :oops: Not that I've seen one in years, mind.

honda-fuya-jo1.jpg

Yes, this actually got sold. Briefly.

1982_chevette.jpg

Barf!

Nissan_Pivo.jpg

OMFG! - Thankfully only a concept. So far!

And:

yugo_rear.jpg

Words fail me.

And, deviating slightly from this thread topic, it's not so much the ugliness of this one, as its total unsuitability for this particular task...

(although I have to say that there's something deeply uncool about Smart cars...)

smart-zero_1381239i.jpg

A few years back, I saw Coulthard driving one of those in Monte Carlo!

for a few years the PT cruiser convertible was the ugliest on the roads

the hardtop is bad enough but the convertibel is even worse

for a start it has an ugly roll bar

pt-cruiser-convertible-2007.jpg

it looks even worse with the roof up. the rear end comes up too high and the flat back looks awful

header-chrysler-pt.jpg

I'm so glad I didn't buy that...

Is it just me that finds most twin top convertibles ugly? Soft tops (like my old Saab) are often lovely but designers rarely manage to get the folding metal roof right. They seem to focus on how it looks with the roof down, not with how it’ll be 80% of the time - roof up

Colt CZC

400-coltczc.jpg

Micra

6050428.001.1M.jpg

and the worst, cos it's the biggest and most noticeable - Focus

2006099_ford_focus_cc_rear.jpg

I'd still take any of those over the PT cruiser

This looks like it was designed in Spore...

puyo.jpg

This is just wrong.

weird-car-cuts-through-air.jpg

And this looks like an alien/fish hybrid.

Ten-Foreign-Orochi.jpg

I rather like the old Chevette. It's not bad to drive either: rather slow thanks to its elderly engine, but the handling's good fun in a '70s rear-drive, tail-sliding kind of way. :cool:

Wasn't there a bonkers version made at some point with a big turbo engine?

amc_pacer.jpg

What a piece of shite!

Ahhh, I was trying to remember that one!

AIR, even the Americans thought it was shit. When I was a kid, someone who lived near us had one - they were probably diplomatic or Services over from the US. It looked extremely weird in amongst lots of early 1970s Brit cars.

I wouldn't really call the Lagonda ugly. They're pretty imposing in the flesh and the later ones have been rounded slightly compared to the early cars.

It must have been great driving around in one in the late '70s for pure decadence. :D

how did this thread get to page 3 without the BMW X6?

P0041064_L_m.jpg

the picture doesn't convey how massive it is .
*shudder*

I had an X6 for a week while BMW had a 19th attempt at sorting out the ECU on my 635d. It's quite a good drive, very practical, sounds like a Warrior APC and looks like something out of Halo. I might be tempted if wasn't on an anti-BMW fatwah.

I offer the Ligier JS4 as the last word in ugliness. It seems you need the sort of national self-confidence and cultural certainty of the type that the Americans and French posses to make truly horrific cars.

std_1980_ligier_js4_microcar.jpg

CRW_1665.jpg

yes it will go anywhere but has comedy brakes no roll bars
and looks like it was designed by a 4 year old

Biscuter Zapatilla. Proof that fascist countries can make cars that are as criminally bad as the product of any commie shithole. And it had one wheel (front right) drive.

biscuter-zapatilla00.jpg

Driving through Saffron Walden this morning and I saw the mythical Pontiac Aztec. :eek:

198_2738-pontiac-aztec.jpg

Must have been an American serviceman's family or summat who had brought the damn thing over, as thankfully these things have never seen our shores.

Bit of a shock really, need a cup of tea now. :(
Daaaaaaayum! That's fugly! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom