Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh my God, My Eyes! Ugliest Car Ever

Griff

Hardly posting anymore
Driving through Saffron Walden this morning and I saw the mythical Pontiac Aztec. :eek:

198_2738-pontiac-aztec.jpg

Must have been an American serviceman's family or summat who had brought the damn thing over, as thankfully these things have never seen our shores.

Bit of a shock really, need a cup of tea now. :(

Have you been in a Multipla though? The ridiculous looks all make perfect sense when you're inside it. More cars should be three-across!

Driving through Saffron Walden this morning and I saw the mythical Pontiac Aztec. :eek:

Must have been an American serviceman's family or summat who had brought the damn thing over, as thankfully these things have never seen our shores.

It looks like a Transformer.

I was given a Multipla as a courtesy car once, when my car was in the garage. It was well, well weird to drive. More like a van than a car. I guiltily rather liked it though, weird looks and all.

That Pontiac is hideous, but whether it's uglier than the Fiat Multipla is open to debate...

I wouldn't say it's ugly. Different yes.

But the Pontiac was in a different league. Who fucking designed it, and who approved it more importantly? :confused:

It'd look ok with a better set of wheels on it. IMO :) (and probably a different colour)

No, really, I don't think it will.

It looks as if it's been sliced through the middle and a four inch thick layer of cheeseburger slices neatly inserted. It's vile. Just look at that strange double-vision bonnet thing it's got going on!

Poor Americans, they get car design right just often enough to make them keep on wanting to try, but they fuck it up far more often. And they know it.

That Pontiac is hideous, but whether it's uglier than the Fiat Multipla is open to debate...

40-fiat-multipla.jpg

Ah, the Fiat Hydrocephalus. The Elephant Man of family saloons.

Hard to say which is worse looking, because they're both wrong in such different and...Special...ways.

ETA: I've never driven a Multipla, but I've always had it down as a contender for Seriously Most Ugly Car To Be Found On Britain's Roads.

But the Pontiac was in a different league. Who fucking designed it, and who approved it more importantly? :confused:

It looks as if what used to be said of the old Austin Princess could apply to it too: the people who designed the front and back weren't speaking to each other! The middle bit of it's inoffensive enough, but the back looks all hitched-up and awkward, and the front end is just plain hideous.

Here's another ugly duckling:

Edsel_Citation_1958_02.jpg

The Ford Edsel, with its faintly pervy orifices.

The Aztec shows why US car makers struggle....not only is it pig ugly trying to be all edgy and purposeful but it's makes very little sense as a car. It's small inside, it's slow, not particularly fuel efficient. It's not a SUV, it's not and MPV and it's not a 4x4...it's the bastard offspring that should have been put down.

The Aztec shows why US car makers struggle.

It's not really the Aztek, as horrible as it is, that's the problem as there is no such thing as a bad car, only the wrong price. What makes it an unsustainable joke is that it has to be sold and marketed at a price that, despite the fact that it's half-heartedly screwed together by listless Mexicans, will pay for the false teeth and Diabetes treatment for 1,000s of fat, old people in Macomb County.

It looks as if what used to be said of the old Austin Princess could apply to it too: the people who designed the front and back weren't speaking to each other! The middle bit of it's inoffensive enough, but the back looks all hitched-up and awkward, and the front end is just plain hideous.

Here's another ugly duckling:

Edsel_Citation_1958_02.jpg

The Ford Edsel, with its faintly pervy orifices.

I dont like the look on its face. Looks kind of, mad. Untrustworthy.

Have you been in a Multipla though? The ridiculous looks all make perfect sense when you're inside it. More cars should be three-across!

It's a good layout - but so is the Honda FR-V. Better looking, better handling, and would you rather have Honda or Fiat build quality.

Still, ugly as the multipla is, that Aztek really is something awful.

It's a good layout - but so is the Honda FR-V. Better looking, better handling, and would you rather have Honda or Fiat build quality.
I don't know anything about the FR-V, so I can't comment on its similarity.

It's true that Hondas have good -- no, great -- build quality. But as with all things, it's all relative to price. Maybe it's as simple as the fact that somebody can stretch to £15,000 for a Multipla but not manage the £18,000 needed for an FR-V? (That's like-for-like, of course. Parker's target prices for the Multipla go from £13,400 to £17,000 depending on model, with the FR-V targets going from 16,050 to £19,500. So maybe alternatively someone wants a top-end Multipla rather than a bottom-end FR-V?)

Proof that you really can't gild a turd. :)

for a few years the PT cruiser convertible was the ugliest on the roads

the hardtop is bad enough but the convertibel is even worse

for a start it has an ugly roll bar

pt-cruiser-convertible-2007.jpg

it looks even worse with the roof up. the rear end comes up too high and the flat back looks awful

header-chrysler-pt.jpg

before the PT , the crown was held by the ridiculous suzuki x90

x90%20rear%20web.jpg

a two seat 4x4? a bad idea, poorly executed

recently i've spotted a challenger

the daihatsu materia

site_range_materia_gallery_01_large_badge.jpg

it's like a brick with wheels.

that cheap road fund licence won't tempt me

Back
Top Bottom