Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Occupy Wall Street

Not sure if this is genuine? Huge if it is?

297800_163209300432207_100002294145240_313992_1232613797_n.jpg

The Wall street pics arent shopped.. they were taken from a Fox news feed helicopter... natch Faux havent used them yet...

Anonymous did call this on FM....

that one pic above looks like it is
there were, as i said up there, thousands on the live stream for the demo at nypd hq but that pic makes it look like something approaching 100k

also adbusters called it no?

that one pic above looks like it is
there were, as i said up there, thousands on the live stream for the demo at nypd hq but that pic makes it look like something approaching 100k

also adbusters called it no?
A number of groups are involved... though the genesis came from anonymous.. as you can see #occupy being used everywhere...

99%.jpg

hmmm.. kinda too busy for pedantry... though if you were involved or following from the start you would know #anon instigated these protests...

btw: Radiohead wimped out of appearing...

Better thread title - when I first heard about this is was flagged to me as an Anonymous publicised FM thing - which was why I used Anonymous in the title. Was at an Anti Cuts demo in Glasgow today and we were spreading the word - it was amazing how off the radar it was for most people - especially given the demographic that will turn out for an anti cuts march in torrential rain.

That is not in fact true. Sorry if it's a bit pedantic to say when something isn't true.
try google... http://www.google.com/search?source...933l0l10276l18l17l0l0l0l0l293l2796l0.7.7l14l0

I have been in contact with the crews from the planning stages so kinda know where i am coming from....
Feel free to correct me with any proof etc
:)

As i say.. too busy to engage properly.... and its a moot point, really, who organised it... more important that people are doing stuff and not just talking about it!

oh... just to clarify... check the date of posting.... 24th August....

btw #opicarus (Wall Street) has been ongoing on since February....

nuff said??

NEW YORK, Sept. 30 (UPI) — The union representing New York City transit workers has come out in support of Occupy Wall Street protesters demanding U.S. social and economic policy changes.

The protesters, who argue U.S. social and economic policies unfairly favor the rich, secured the backing Thursday of the largest and most influential branch of the Transport Workers Union of America.

Local 100 President John Samuelsen said the branch’s 38,000 city transit workers and 26,000 retirees share the protesters’ view that while the richest New Yorkers get tax breaks, lower-income residents are struggling financially and forced to foot the bill for what they characterize as Wall Street’s excesses.

“They see the injustice in that and are highlighting the injustice by protesting, and we’re supporting that effort,” Samuelsen was quoted in the New York Daily News as saying.

http://weaselzippers...on-wall-street/

'Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead ...'

it looks like she may be right, this started off as a bit of a farce, now.....

They have now split off and taken Brooklyn Bridge.... getting mighty interesting indeed...

Just as I saw a sign reading "I hate bad cops, but I love nice ones!" thousands of folks on Occupy Wall Street march split off from "safe" & legal pedestrian walkway in Brooklyn Bridge to occupy the bridge's street. Suddenly getting more interesting

OccupyWallStNYC #OCCUPYWALLSTREET
by OccupyWallSt
That's right, we're occupying the #BrooklynBridge. Follow @jeffrae for pics and on-the-march updates! #occupywallstreet #sep17

And the Bank of America website has been taken down....
:D

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

They're going to be there all night doing these mass arrests.
The only hope will be a bigger march tomorrow.- not too sure about these tactics. Even ML King would keep on walking to the police lines.

Good to hear the "whose streets?" being chanted on Brooklyn Bridge though.

Back
Top Bottom