Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Occupy Wall Street

Well, did they occupy Wall Street on September 17th? I don't remember hearing about a revolution in America on that day. It must have been while I was listening to Pick of the Pops.

Slow burn is good, accretion of varied and disparate elements, building towards something massive.

I'll be donating my copy of Laclau's 'On Populist Reason'!

brilliant news and article
thanks

Jackie DiSalvo, an Occupy Wall Street organizer, says a series of public actions aimed at expressing support for labor -- from disrupting a Sotheby's auction on Sept. 22 to attending a postal workers' rally on Tuesday -- have convinced unions that the two groups' struggles are one.
"Labor is up against the wall and they're begging us to help them," said DiSalvo, a retired professor at Baruch College in her late 60s who has emerged as a driving force in the effort to link up labor and the protests. DiSalvo is herself a member of the Professional Staff Congress, which represents teachers at the City University of New York.
Recent anti-labor actions like Scott Walker's in Wisconsin "really shocked the unions and moved them into militant action," DiSalvo said, and the inflammatory video of a NYPD deputy inspector pepper-spraying several protesters on Saturday also generated union sympathy.

"There's a lot of good feeling. They've made a lot of friends," said Chuck Zlatkin of the postal union.
When a band of about 100 protesters showed up at a postal workers' rally featuring Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday, complete with purple hair and big drums, "they went a long way towards touching people and making connections," Zlatkin observed.
ace

that Immortal Technique vid is great, love him more
"it's not trickling down, they're pissing all over us"

Just got an email from a friend visiting NY for the first time who is going through culture shock at the wealth disparity there, saying it feels like a caste system. I was surprised to read the other day that the bronx is the poorest urban area in the States - thats up against some tough competition

Shall I change the title of this thread, seeing as how (a) "anonymous" has little or nothing to do with it (b) it might confuse people looking for Occupy Wall Street threads by making them think this is about some connection with anonymous and (c) it makes my teeth grind every time I see it and so probably does for others as well?

Shall I change the title of this thread, seeing as how (a) "anonymous" has little or nothing to do with it (b) it might confuse people looking for Occupy Wall Street threads by making them think this is about some connection with anonymous and (c) it makes my teeth grind every time I see it and so probably does for others as well?

good idea i reckon
cheers

yeah, blatant
lot of people there on the stream outside some NYPD place
thousands

you know the city cunts used to wave wads of money and alledgedly burn the odd one when there were protests in the city of london right?
cunts are cunts
bankers_nhs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom