Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NRA: "All In."

Yuwipi Woman

Whack-A-Mole Queen
The NRA (an organization I used to belong to when they were a gun safety group), is sponsoring 30 minute infomercials on local television stations. The one they've showed every Saturday for the last month is called "All In."

For your enjoyment, please see a link to some of their videos:

http:// videos.allinnra.com/un/#.T_dWs_WZJwQ

They were never a gun safety group. They have and continue to be involved with gun safety education but this is hardly their central purpose, nor was it ever, and it ties into their other agendas.

This is just a thinly call-out thread against a certain confederate poster, right?

What do you think? Is this just their normal hyperbole, or a sign of a new militant outlook among the NRA - the kind that leads to stockpiling fertiliser, and buying Knights Templar outfits?

They were never a gun safety group. They have and continue to be involved with gun safety education but this is hardly their central purpose, nor was it ever, and it ties into their other agendas.

What are their other agendas?

BTW, I bailed when they started talking about abortion and flag burning in the early 80s. They've gotten ever more "out there" as time has gone on. The vids I've seen showing up are thinly disguised loonbattery.

What are their other agendas?

BTW, I bailed when they started talking about abortion and flag burning in the early 80s. They've gotten ever more "out there" as time has gone on. The vids I've seen showing up are thinly disguised loonbattery.

The right to own guns, the ability to hit a target with them, and a bunch of stuff that ties into the things you mention from the early 80's.

I know I've posted it numerous times before but its such a good fit for the thread that I can't resist.

check the one saying "Britain is defenceless". Wouldn't swap our murder rates (the whole country's is less than Baltimore's) for yours, fellas (even if I don't think that's all down to gun control or indeed that the government should have a monopoly on armed force)

American's relationship with guns has to be one of the most perverse things in the world.

Almost every trip to the USA I would have some hick redneck show off their handguns to me, as if I could have cared.

In Britain we have rifles and shot guns for hunting rabbits, deer, and pigeon, these weapons are pretty unsuited to killing many humans.

In America they have handguns and auto weapons which are designed to kill HUMANS! Is it any wonder that from time to time someone decides to use these weapons for what they were designed for!!

Steady with the perversity angle, things happen for a reason. They had a civil war more recently than us for a start.

The usual right-wing batcraps.

Interesting topic though the relationship between the violence in places like Cuidad Juarez in Maxico and the US in terms of money, guns and narco-demand etc. I doubt the cartels would have much trouble getting hold of assault weapons without US supply though.

check the one saying "Britain is defenceless". Wouldn't swap our murder rates (the whole country's is less than Baltimore's) for yours, fellas (even if I don't think that's all down to gun control or indeed that the government should have a monopoly on armed force)

Ah Baltimore, murder capital of America.

They weren't yet a radicalized political group when you look back 50+ years. My father joined in the 1940's as a very young man. However one wishes to characterize their public agenda of that era, they were an animal of a different nature from what they are today. Hunting groups of all types were more numerous in membership then because far more US acreage was open to the sport. There was an Annie Oakley-ite dorkiness in the presentation of native sharpshooter as exemplar. What writer could resist that contrast of style to today's rabid political beast? It inevitably begs mention just from the sheer absurdity of its change over time.

"From Syria! From Iran! From Turkey! From China!"

Jeez Louise, you got yourself one helluva big border down there in Arizona, Sheriff Babeu!

We have a nra in this country its mostly obssesed with target rifle shooting to shut an extent it screwed up the olympics team.

Really should do a transfer have some of the us nra over here and some of the blazer wearing idiots over there :(

Back
Top Bottom