Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next London Mayor

They appear to be totally random, I don't use them enough to say which routes or times they are on, but I always make a point of speaking to them as I like them being back, albeit very random and part time, BUT it might be me, mixing the new routemasters for these
th

Really? I've been travelling on the new routemasters since they trialled them on my route in 2012 and I've never seen a conductor yet. :confused:

They appear to be totally random,

it's not random, each route is a separate contract / franchise, and it depends what's in that contract.

broadly, the first few routes to get those buses got contracts specifying a second person (it's not a conductor as they don't take fares - different operators call them passenger assistants / customer service assistants and so on) - and if the second person is there, they will run with the rear door open.

the new contracts that got awarded after the first flush of enthusiasm have never had a second person, and the rear door only gets opened at stops (open boarding through any of the doors is allowed like it was on the bendy buses. except on the bendy buses this led to fare evasion and was one reason for vast amounts of money being wasted by getting rid of them early. presumably boris bus passengers are more honest or something...)

route 11 has passenger assistants about 0700 to 1900 7 days a week

route 38 has them daytimes (not sure whether it's 5, 6, or 7 days a week, but only on the central london end of the route, not all the way out to hackney - i can't remember where they get on / off)

from memory, i think the 9, 10, and maybe the 390 have them, but not sure how many days a week or what times.

i'm also not sure what the deal is if a PA is not available and a driver is, whether the bus runs without them or not.

it's not random, each route is a separate contract / franchise, and it depends what's in that contract.

broadly, the first few routes to get those buses got contracts specifying a second person (it's not a conductor as they don't take fares - different operators call them passenger assistants / customer service assistants and so on) - and if the second person is there, they will run with the rear door open.

the new contracts that got awarded after the first flush of enthusiasm have never had a second person, and the rear door only gets opened at stops (open boarding through any of the doors is allowed like it was on the bendy buses. except on the bendy buses this led to fare evasion and was one reason for vast amounts of money being wasted by getting rid of them early. presumably boris bus passengers are more honest or something...)

route 11 has passenger assistants about 0700 to 1900 7 days a week

route 38 has them daytimes (not sure whether it's 5, 6, or 7 days a week, but only on the central london end of the route, not all the way out to hackney - i can't remember where they get on / off)

from memory, i think the 9, 10, and maybe the 390 have them, but not sure how many days a week or what times.

i'm also not sure what the deal is if a PA is not available and a driver is, whether the bus runs without them or not.

Interesting. I travel on the 38 a lot though generally between Hackney and town. Maybe I'm at the wrong time/part of the route?

Interesting. I travel on the 38 a lot though generally between Hackney and town. Maybe I'm at the wrong time/part of the route?

unless of course they have pulled the plug

according to this, it is (was?) south of mildmay park, monday to friday only

Reactions: Sue
Are Zac's "team" cutting costs by practising politically directed discrimination?

I've been used for years to my African lodger getting addressed election material from Labour, but me with an English name being omitted.

Now the boot seems to be on the other foot. I've had several personally addressed leaflets & communications from Zac but my African lodger has been left out.

The uses and abuses of meta data if you ask me (BTW no-one ever canvassed my part of Coldharbour Ward from any party in the last 10 years).

Are Zac's "team" cutting costs by practising politically directed discrimination?

I've been used for years to my African lodger getting addressed election material from Labour, but me with an English name being omitted.

Now the boot seems to be on the other foot. I've had several personally addressed leaflets & communications from Zac but my African lodger has been left out.

The uses and abuses of meta data if you ask me (BTW no-one ever canvassed my part of Coldharbour Ward from any party in the last 10 years).
As you say, they're all at this bollocks. I used to live in a (Labour) ward/constituency with a big Pakistani/Bangladeshi community. My then partner (Indian name), used to constantly get personally addressed stuff from our local MP with pictures of him shaking hands with the imans of the local mosques/leaflets in Urdu. No mention of housing or education or jobs or any of that stuff, presumably because these ethnic minority types aren't interested in such things. :mad::rolleyes:

I received my Goldsmith propaganda which was nothing more than an attach on Sadiq Khan (a man I will be proud to call mayor, I usually don't vote in the mayor elections my last vote was for Brian Paddick) it even had ago at him for nominating Corbyn!

Back
Top Bottom