Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next London Mayor

The higher the monkey climbs ...

Tory mayor candidate leaves card on Tube – and still blames Sadiq Khan for rising crime

1_Mayor.jpg

"The answer is I have no idea"

I see a banker has thrown his hat in to the ring and has promised to get traffic moving again
BBC News - Investment banker Tarun Ghulati announces London mayoral candidacy

_132082147_800b2fa1-3a78-4015-b45b-43814db8b2c0.jpg

(Source: Tarun Ghulati)

Meet Tarun Ghulati, investment banker who wants to become London's first Indian-origin mayor

NHS nurse and psychotherapist Amy Gallagher has been selected as the Social Democratic Party candidate for the 2024 London mayoral election.

Gallagher says that she is standing in the election as she wants to "push back on woke ideology".

Gallagher rose to national attention after it was reported in 2022 that she was suing the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, alleging discrimination on the basis of her race, religion and philosophical belief, as well as victimisation and harassment. She has subsequently appeared on a number of far right websites portraying herself as a "victim" of what she describes as "woke".

63450635-11313851-When_she_embarked_on_her_forensic_psychology_course_in_the_autum-m-7_1665700794978.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

NHS nurse Amy Gallagher is Social Democratic Party's London mayoral candidate

The far right takeover of the rump SDP has always seemed odd. Why would they bother pretending to be the heirs of the gang of four?

The far right takeover of the rump SDP has always seemed odd. Why would they bother pretending to be the heirs of the gang of four?
What we need is left-wing infiltration and takeover of the SDP. Then we could get a communist government elected by stealth.

So, I don't know when the deadline to register is, or if its passed but this is the current / final list of those standing?
  • Shyam Batra, independent
  • Rob Blackie, Liberal Democrats
  • Natalie Campbell, independent
  • Howard Cox, Reform UK
  • Amy Gallagher, SDP
  • Zoe Garbett, Green Party
  • Tarun Ghulati, independent
  • Susan Hall, Conservative Party
  • Rayhan Haque, independent
  • Sadiq Khan, Labour Party
  • Andreas Michli, independent
I'm a bit disappointed there's no comedy options like Brian Rose or Count Binface tbh. I think there was even a drill artist too last time.

Also I note that for the first time - it's a first past the post vote, as opposed to the supplementary vote used in previous elections. Not sure how much that will affect things in reality but transfer votes will no longer be a thing.

Also I note that for the first time - it's a first past the post vote, as opposed to the supplementary vote used in previous elections. Not sure how much that will affect things in reality but transfer votes will no longer be a thing.

There is a faint possibility Khan gets fucked by it via vote splitting for Corbyn etc but it’s most likely to lead to a less decisive win for him

If you could remain impartial considering the likely Labour win at the next General Election then voting Khan would mean more money for London I'd wager.

Hope Count BinFace stands again, he had the best policy in his manifesto:

The hand dryer in the gents’ toilet at the Crown & Treaty, Uxbridge, to be moved to a more sensible position.

I casually watched the Tory mayor selection process and for the life of me can't work out why the picked Susan Hall. She's awful.

Back
Top Bottom