Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Newham News and Events

Epona

Sonic: 1 Nov 2006 - 8 Jan 2022
It seems like Newham is under-represented here, and now I am more active in local stuff (mostly environmental things) I hope it would be OK to have a thread here for various goings on in the borough.

Here is the latest offering:

Monday 1st May, Newham Green Fair, Forest Lane Park, 11am to 4pm

Beer and Bats at Cody Dock (first one of 2023) is next Friday - 26th May. We already know the pipistrelles are out of hibernation.
The tickets are a fiver but that includes a drink from the bar, I haven't felt like I can advertise it with that change in ticketing, but a pint of lager or IPA is £5.50 so you could save 50p if you wanted to attend
Tix are on Eventbrite

Last edited:
June is Newham Heritage Month - loads of events going on, so for now I'm just going to post a link to the website for 2023's event!

One of the listings that I would like to highlight is for an event at Cody Dock on 3rd of June which I will be attending - some of the workshops are ticketed (free but just to make sure numbers are manageable) on Eventbrite, but it's also an all day thing that people can just turn up to.

The stuff that requires booking is listed there with a link to eventbrite to reserve a place - cyanotype printing workshop, clay workshop, and a guided art and industry walk.
There will be plenty of other stuff going on including demonstrations of the (one of its kind) rolling bridge, talks, foraging walk, live music, bar so it's OK to just turn up without booking.

Last edited:
Another good event is that The Line Art Walk are doing free guided walks every Saturday throughout the summer - the walk goes from Stratford Olympic Park to Cody Dock although occasionally the programme may change.

This covers part of the urban walk I did late last year along the lower Lea btw :D but led by a local artist/filmmaker who is a bit more knowledgeable about the art. Occasionally there will be a different walk lead with a different route and focus for the walk, info is in the eventbrite link I provided lower down this post!

You can reserve a spot for any of the dates here (free of charge event): Guided art tours

(Apologies for the multiple edits, was having trouble navigating their trendy website and the eventbrite pages!! The above link is the one you want in order to book a spot on any of the walks)

Last edited:
Cody Dock are having their "Spring Forward" open day on Saturday (20th April) - it's a free event with various workshops (for both adults and kids), walks and talks, art, food, bar, plant sale, DJ etc.

E16, near Star Lane DLR, or bus 323 from Canning Town Station (Jubilee Line). 11am til 6pm.
Site is paved and accessible with toilet facilities including accessible loo and baby changing.

Full schedule here

June is Newham Heritage Month again.

tour of (what's left of) Beckton gasworks appeals...
Ignore what I just posted, I was wittering on about a different gasworks, it's been a long day

I might be up for it, will have a look.

Last edited:
7a648360-21cb-11ef-a13a-0b8c563da930.png

85686005-13491929-Baby_Harry_pictured_was_found_abandoned_in_a_park_in_Plaistow_ea-a-5_1717491236597.jpg

85686003-13491929-Baby_Roman_pictured_was_found_abandoned_in_a_park_in_Newham_east-a-6_1717491236600.jpg

85686423-13491929-image-a-4_1717491236596.jpg

Just who are the mother and father who keep abandoning their new-born babies ... and why?​

Cody Dock are hosting their annual autumn event Lighting Up The Lea
Sat 21st September, 11am - 7pm

The mini-festival includes:

LutL 24 1.JPG

Cody Dock
11c South Crescent
Cody Road
Canning Town
London, E16 4TL

Nearest transport links: Star Lane DLR, Canning Town, West Ham, various buses to Star Lane.

Back
Top Bottom