Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New Vampire Weekend album

Kingdom

Music For Hairports
Now, this is normally the kind of thing i'd NOT be into AT ALL. But i heard Cousins on Radio 1 in the car tonight and though there was a *tiny* touch of Beefheart in the rhythms... ended up checking out samples for the new album on Juno - i might have to purchase this - some nice varied sounds - offcentre for a pop band.

Indeed, they're a band I've come within spitting distance of considering to be alright, on some occasions.

If I was on Juke Box Jury in the 1960s, I would probably say that their new single is certainly energetic, and has a good beat.

I loved the first album so was really looking forward to Contra. It's not bad but it felt like it was missing something and I think I might have put my finger on what: tunes.
A little bit disappointing.

I loved the first album so was really looking forward to Contra. It's not bad but it felt like it was missing something and I think I might have put my finger on what: tunes.
A little bit disappointing.

Feck me, that's weird - I love it even more than the first :D

Check out The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa; Ezra out of VW guests on it & it's awesome...

Feck me, that's weird - I love it even more than the first :D

Check out The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa; Ezra out of VW guests on it & it's awesome...

I saw that on spotify and had a quick listen. Thanks for reminding me about it, listening now its ace :cool:

Back
Top Bottom