Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

new stuff in streatham

There's work going on in that unit at the moment.
The ex-Nineteen unit next door is about to re-open as a pizza place.

The people who ran Nineteen have moved around the corner to Leigham Av, doing simillar food & drink but with a temp/trial set up.
Where? In the old hipstery tea and cake shop premisis? Rose and something?

has anybody been to the white lion in streatham? My new favourite pub! such cute kitties there.

11258031_10101265789949201_6196387277145279524_n.jpg

Where? In the old hipstery tea and cake shop premisis? Rose and something?
No, the @nineteen_bar pop-up is at 15 Leigham Hall Parade (the parade with the vaguely chinese green tiles above the shop fronts) with an entrance on the north side of Leigham Avenue, which is the road immediately north of where they were previously at 19 The High Parade (the parade with canopies).

Earl Grey and Rose was at No 1 Streatleigh Parade, with an entrance at the bottom of Leigham Court Road, and I think it is still vacant?

Couple of new recent openings,

There's a new Deli opposite Streatham Station to replace the seldom busy Serendipity cafe. This one has the sense to open early in the morning which Serendipity didn't. I hope it does well, these kinds of Delhi's arn't usually my kind of thing but this Stretch of the High Road could certainly do with a few more successful businesses.
Deli Lama (no website yet, but you can get some idea from their Twitter feed at @deli_lamasw16 )

I ventured in for the first time yesterday after a Thameslink was cancelled. Serving good but not cheap Volcano coffee and cakes look pretty good.
For carnivores, they sell "British charcuterie" cured meat and sausages from Cobble Lane Cured.
They are building a walled off area for open air tables on the bit of pavement outside that they own - that could lead to a bit of an interesting legal brouhaha for the precedents it sets?

Nice! Really looking forward to having a rummage around when it opens. Streatham is already surprisingly very good for Record shopping, I have picked up a few gems in the many 2nd hand stores on the High Road.

I keep finding records in the BHF which I've donated, and it's a struggle not to buy them back sometimes.

Which are the really good restaurants in Streatham? Haven't tried any of the Italians that have opened over the last few years but we want to take mr nags' mum out and she likes to eat fish. Any recommendations?

Addomme is amazing and a good place to take parents - we took my Dad for his 70th. They have pizza/pasta but also a specials list which changes weekly and usually has a fish dish on it. - But maybe a "choice" of just one fish dish is not enough....

There's that Fish and Wine restaurant in Herne Hill which looks swanky and always smells good when I go past (even to a veggie like me).. but you'll have the opposite problem there with only 1 veggie choice for your veggie family members. It has been favourably reviewed by a few people on the Herne Hill thread I think. nagapie

Which are the really good restaurants in Streatham? Haven't tried any of the Italians that have opened over the last few years but we want to take mr nags' mum out and she likes to eat fish. Any recommendations?

The fish in Ilili is awesome. Hood is apparently nice, but pricey - as earlier in thread.

You could always get a takeaway from Kennedy's :D

you can sit in kennedy's too :)

Streatham is already surprisingly very good for Record shopping, I have picked up a few gems in the many 2nd hand stores on the High Road.

On a rare use of the car, to clear out my OH's art studio, I was driving up the top end of Thornton Avenue by Streatham Hill station over the weekend.
Just up from Addomme, there's abother 2/hand records store! I forget the name now, but from the window display I saw Beatles, NWA, Bunny Wailer and some other interesting items.
Looked very new - not yet sign-written and a v.clean white banner up. Will have to check that out!

The new record shop at Streatham Hill (it is actually in Sternhold Avenue) is apparently trading as Undercover Records.

ETA: Heart Streatham reckons they are not opening until July

Last edited:
There's work going on in that unit at the moment.
The ex-Nineteen unit next door is about to re-open as a pizza place.

The people who ran Nineteen have moved around the corner to Leigham Av, doing simillar food & drink but with a temp/trial set up.

I spoke to the builders and I assume the owner of People the other week and he said Purple is going to re-open in the same unit. As nice as it's been with all the new "trendy" places opening up lately I do miss Purple and think the High Street needs it so I am glad it's going to be re-opening soon.

plurker - any news on Streatham's newest resident? ;) New parents thread has been devoid of new baby photos for a while.

Only news is a daily battle with the doctors that no, we don't want to be doing those things against our wishes thanks very much :mad: but this isn't the thread for that!

I can hear GarageNation from my room. I want to be there...

Adomme doesn't deliver, does anywhere else do good pizza in Streatham that delivers? mr nags wants pizza tonight.

Back
Top Bottom