Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NBN's Indulgently Precipitous New Poll :: Favourite SCIENCE FICTION Show :: GRAND FINAL

Your Favourite SCIENCE FICTION Show :: Grand Final (Choose up to Three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nine Bob Note

Self-Isolating before it was fashionable
Here you have it then.

Only ten shows to choose from, as four were tied for the remaining two places (ST: DS9, the Tripods, Quantum Leap and Adventure Time).

I've changed to a maximum of three votes, as that's how many nominations you were each given.

Poll closes Friday 9PM

Gotta be ST:TNG given the quality in the final round. And a Clangers protest vote.
ST:TNG was ground breaking in its day, and I was a huge fan, but it's a relic, a vestige of simpler times, something to reminisce about through rose tinted spectacles, but not worthy of victory in a contemporary poll.

So say we all! :thumbs:

ST:TNG was ground breaking in its day, and I was a huge fan, but it's a relic, a vestige of simpler times, something to reminisce about through rose tinted spectacles, but not worthy of victory in a contemporary poll.

So's BSG. If you want modern and good it should have been The Expanse. This is meant to be best ever.

What a depressing final list. There's not a single example of pure science fiction amongst them, for a start. Five space adventures, one kid's puppet show, three horror shows and Doctor Who, which is sporadically good and frequently terrible but never about the implications of actual scientific advances. I can't in good consciousness vote for any of them.

What a depressing final list. There's not a single example of pure science fiction amongst them, for a start. Five space adventures, one kid's puppet show, three horror shows and Doctor Who, which is sporadically good and frequently terrible but never about the implications of actual scientific advances. I can't in good consciousness vote for any of them.
That's the fatal flaw of democracy, when people don't agree with you. :(

That's the fatal flaw of democracy, when people don't agree with you. :(

The middle of the distribution of mediocrity is always the most popular, certainly. Not sure this particular poll qualifies as democracy, mind. Little policy will be set based on its outcome, I suspect.

I agree.

I agree.

Anyone voting Star Trek gets their head flushed down the bogs at break

Oh, rrrrrreally?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAkWAAAAJDY1NTFhODJmLTFlYjAtNDE2Ny04NmFkLWVlOTA5NGQxM2VmZQ.jpg

FBI vs Deep State really, Skinner was onside even if he sometimes ballached them.

I had a massive crush on Skinner for the original run. Nearly got a chance to interview Mitch Peleggi but somebody else swiped the gig and made a complete pig's ear of it.

There were a few X-Files rip offs at the time but the show still ranks as one of the best conspiracy series. Although I did prefer Millennium. Don't know how to classify that one...

anyone voting x-files can have all their genre fiction told through the lense of american law enforcement because they love the authority
Only voted for it cos all the other options were shit and I wanted to use all my votes

Back
Top Bottom