Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Boris Johnson's death sentence

How do you even settle back into a normal life ever again? I hope she has access to whatever she needs, financially, therapeutically, time, space, everything she and they need as a family.
I heard her sister on the radio earlier who says she has a large extended family including in rural North Wales so hopefully she can get to know her daughter again without press intrusion.

On the plus side, she has had some contact with all her family which must help. Imagine if you were RR. You would be treading on egg shells trying to make everything perfect and worried about saying or doing the wrong thing or fussing too much.

Apparently the UKG has paid the £400 million.
So the poor woman goes through this level of hell, Johnson gets her a bigger sentence, and then the government pays the money which seems to be a de facto ransom payment.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe returning to home in UK is the best news of the day. I don’t believe Johnson had anything to do with her detention in Iran. Iran had taken two British people hostage in return for a debt caused by a failed arms deal after the regime change in Iran. I appreciate the people who took the decision to refund the debt owed after the failed arms deal. In my opinion, the refund of some £400 million is the key to the resolve. I do not believe there were any security risks involved in the detention. Those are just pretexts. The funds are said to be ring-fenced for humanitarian purposes. The family will return to normal life soon. They have shown enough resilience.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe returning to home in UK is the best news of the day. I don’t believe Johnson had anything to do with her detention in Iran. Iran had taken two British people hostage in return for a debt caused by a failed arms deal after the regime change in Iran. I appreciate the people who took the decision to refund the debt owed after the failed arms deal. In my opinion, the refund of some £400 million is the key to the resolve. I do not believe there were any security risks involved in the detention. Those are just pretexts. The funds are said to be ring-fenced for humanitarian purposes. The family will return to normal life soon. They have shown enough resilience.
Let's not forget this:

He is isn't he. He seems pretty flipping admirable really. I feel so relieved for the guy, and just hope things are gonna be as ok as they can be for them all now
It's rare to find someone who seems as likely as he does to wear mustard yellow trousers and a Barbour jacket as likeable and integritous.*

* yeah, why isn't there an adjective for this?

It's rare to find someone who seems as likely as he does to wear mustard yellow trousers and a Barbour jacket as likeable and integritous.*

* yeah, why isn't there an adjective for this?
Apparently "integrous" is legit but rare.

Back
Top Bottom