Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My electricity bill has just tripled: how about yours? Alternative suppliers?

Unexpectedly From Bulb :-

Energy prices are changing​

Hi xxxxxx,

From 1 January, Ofgem is changing the unit rates for energy. These vary depending on where you live, your meter type, and how you pay for your energy.
We're decreasing our electricity unit rate from 33.859p to 33.698p per kWh and we're keeping our electricity standing charge the same at 52.643p per day.

We're keeping our gas unit rate the same at 10.425p per kWh and our standing charge at 28.484p per day.

Your prices are in line with the Government Energy Price Guarantee, which ensures a typical UK household pays an average of £2,500 per year. This will save a typical UK household around £900 this winter.

These prices all include VAT at 5%.

We've attached a letter with more information about your new unit rates and the Government Energy Price Guarantee discount.

Your monthly payment isn't changing
To make sure your payments are on track, we'll review your energy usage in the next 3 months and let you know if you need to change your monthly payments.

Just to warn you, we're expecting prices to increase in April
  • On 1 April the government's Energy Price Guarantee will be increasing to an average of £3,000 per year, which is £500 more per year for a typical household.​
  • From 1 April electricity customers will no longer receive £67 per month through the Energy Bills Support Scheme.​

We'll be in touch in March, when we know exactly how much prices will increase.​
0.161p less per KWH
I anticipate that this first cold month I will be charged for approx 165kwh - so I would have been 26.565 pence better off ...
Party time :rolleyes:

i used to have an infra-red themometer that cost8£ or something,

Simple joy of life, cold spot on the wall MOVE THE CHAIR, ceramic hob after being full blast 389cº- hmm interesting probably burn ward. Ma bonce 37.3cº, 37,8ºc after an hour slow jog, ammm feeling poorly, 38,2cº ....SEE im no jist mumping ect................great fun

i used to have an infra-red themometer that cost8£ or something,

Simple joy of life, cold spot on the wall MOVE THE CHAIR, ceramic hob after being full blast 389cº- hmm interesting probably burn ward. Ma bonce 37.3cº, 37,8ºc after an hour slow jog, ammm feeling poorly, 38,2cº ....SEE im no jist mumping ect................great fun
that's really interesting - I was thinking of hiring a proper imager but this

has got a laser spot that I presume you could point at various suspect points on insulating surfaces (windows etc) to get an idea. Also free meat thermometer and mine's currently fucked. Can't see it other than Amazon so might throw them £20.

two sheds

it was yello, stylish bit o kit rubber grip in the usual black poly-whatever.
I thiink a lot of the fun came from it being basically an IRed_gun.....seagull-26 on the wings 15 the beak, how hot's that deciduous tree?, the perenial is a bit warmer gonna steal some UV...

Pint of Carling 7º Guiness 5,6º--- stop shooting the others here, bit rude...can't take you anywhere. ect

two sheds o yeh it had a pretty consistent steady reading over a range of 8m, did't like shiny things pots and pan foil mirrors

Last edited:
Yesterday was our biggest electricity usage day this year. 27.3kWh gone in one day :hmm: Purely down to how cold it is outside, so can’t be avoided.

I was averaging around 20kHw of gas use for the first 6 days of December, then this 10 day long cold snap happened, and that shot up to around 40kWh per day, peaking on the three coldest days at between 50-55kHw, costing 10.3p per kWh, I don't want too many days like that.

1ttt.png

I was averaging around 20kHw of gas use for the first 6 days of December, then this 10 day long cold snap happened, and that shot up to around 40kWh per day, peaking on the three coldest days at between 50-55kHw, costing 10.3p per kWh, I don't want too many days like that.

View attachment 355851
We are at the mercy of the weather this time of year. I’m hoping for a milder jan and feb because December has been sucky 😢

We are at the mercy of the weather this time of year. I’m hoping for a milder jan and feb because December has been sucky 😢

I think we are all hoping for that.

In the meantime I am looking forward to the weekend when temperatures here in Worthing will improve from days when it hasn't gone above 0c, to 7c Sat, 9c Sun, and a whopping 13c on Mon.

I'll be able to re-open the trickle vents on the windows, and let some fresh air in.

Back
Top Bottom