Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My electricity bill has just tripled: how about yours? Alternative suppliers?

EDF auto transferred to the E7 tariff without consulting me which means my usage went up even further because I don't use any E7 devices :mad:

After spending an hour and a half getting through on the phone they are going to change it back and reimburse me though.

EDF auto transferred to the E7 tariff without consulting me which means my usage went up even further because I don't use any E7 devices :mad:

After spending an hour and a half getting through on the phone they are going to change it back and reimburse me though.
But you have an E7 meter ?
So some sort of admin glitch.

I think we are all hoping for that.

In the meantime I am looking forward to the weekend when temperatures here in Worthing will improve from days when it hasn't gone above 0c, to 7c Sat, 9c Sun, and a whopping 13c on Mon.

I'll be able to re-open the trickle vents on the windows, and let some fresh air in.
13? Good grief. Not much hope of a white Christmas then 🎅

But you have an E7 meter ?
So some sort of admin glitch.
No they sent a letter out saying "you have requested to change your tariff, here are your details"

They called me last month offering me a smart meter which I refused. Whoever called must have thought I was on the wrong tariff and changed it. We never discussed tariffs at all.

These are IR radiators - whether it's a candle underneath or an electric element - my tubular greenhouse bed heater can be a bit much sometimes (my bed is only 2'6 wide).

A bit niche ...Perhaps nice to have in a working area for when your hands get cold ...

A key issue is my starting point is lagging so it's difficult to get the heat to where it's needed.
Heated clothing has to be the future ...

These are IR radiators - whether it's a candle underneath or an electric element - my tubular greenhouse bed heater can be a bit much sometimes (my bed is only 2'6 wide).

A bit niche ...Perhaps nice to have in a working area for when your hands get cold ...

A key issue is my starting point is lagging so it's difficult to get the heat to where it's needed.
Heated clothing has to be the future ...
Subcutaneous thermal implants fed from kinetic generators built into your joints…..

…that’s the future. 🔥

Subcutaneous thermal implants fed from kinetic generators built into your joints…..

…that’s the future. 🔥

I always found it annoying that I would cycle to work and peel off a damp tee shirt, but along the way my thumbs were painful as the circulation was restored...
Of course the thing with the thumbs is that they're static and exposed to the cold air ...

I've had a second look at the tea light oven you posted the link to and I reckon if you removed all the tea lights and put in, maybe, half a inch of petrol that'd warm you up nicely
Back when we were young and stupid a friend tried to add petrol onto a bonfire by spraying it from a washing up liquid bottle.
For about a second it looked like he was holding a flamethrower.
Then he had the sense to throw it, unfortunately he threw it into the fucking fire. There were people diving for cover all over the place.

I always found it annoying that I would cycle to work and peel off a damp tee shirt, but along the way my thumbs were painful as the circulation was restored...
Of course the thing with the thumbs is that they're static and exposed to the cold air ...
I had this on my motorbike, went from bike gloves, to bike gloves plus some thermal gloves, to adding hand shields, then another pair of thermal gloves, tends to be colder than usual at 5am when I was riding, especially with all the 'wind' chill.

I had this on my motorbike, went from bike gloves, to bike gloves plus some thermal gloves, to adding hand shields, then another pair of thermal gloves, tends to be colder than usual at 5am when I was riding, especially with all the 'wind' chill.
My brother only rides his motorbike during the warm months these days. He insures and taxes it for 6 months but Oct to March it just sits in the back of his garage under a sheet.

I used to get very cold fingers on my motorbike in winter.

First I got some silky inner gloves which helped.

Then I got some waxed cotton over mittens which made all the difference.

Except that they scared me sometimes because I was used to being able to brake with one or two fingers on the right lever, the other fingers staying round the twist grip. Sometimes I would go to brake with my two fingers when I had the mittens on and I couldn't lift my fingers because of the mittens. Cue a moment of terror!

:)

I used to get very cold fingers on my motorbike in winter.

First I got some silky inner gloves which helped.

Then I got some waxed cotton over mittens which made all the difference.

Except that they scared me sometimes because I was used to being able to brake with one or two fingers on the right lever, the other fingers staying round the twist grip. Sometimes I would go to brake with my two fingers when I had the mittens on and I couldn't lift my fingers because of the mittens. Cue a moment of terror!

:)
Yes, I used to ride motorcycles in winter with Belstaff over mitts and silky inners.
I seem to remember being happy with them ..
I now have cheap aldi ski mitts, but I hate cycling in them because the layers slide over one another so I don't feel I'm properly gripping the handlebar.

My brother only rides his motorbike during the warm months these days. He insures and taxes it for 6 months but Oct to March it just sits in the back of his garage under a sheet.
The motorbike was an upgrade to walking 45 mins through the winter, then a train, then another 15 minute walk which I did from September til June and could then finally afford it all. Compared to that some cold hands wasn't too bad lol. Moved to full wfh quite some time ago, bikes been sat on the drive for 3 years now, I dread to think what the getting it back on the road costs will be.

I just told off a candle heater YouTuber - he said he was a librarian so knew that the flowerpot emitted more energy than he put in so - I suggested he contact the nuclear fusion people...
Then I looked at his other videos - all Nikola Tesla and over-unity .... :rolleyes:

The best way to answer your question is to let you know I'm a librarian and everything I've read in the laws of physics suggests that the energy you put into thermal Mass Gives You More Energy out, perhaps you should look at some videos on YouTube about sand batteries. Thank you for the comment and hopefully the next video will be better for you.

I just told off a candle heater YouTuber - he said he was a librarian so knew that the flowerpot emitted more energy than he put in so - I suggested he contact the nuclear fusion people...
Then I looked at his other videos - all Nikola Tesla and over-unity .... :rolleyes:
Did he have an opinion about Fauci?

Perhaps suggest he might want to build this out of flowerpots.
iu

I've had a similar weird price prediction.. No idea if this is expensive or cheap. My account is currently £590 in credit.. :hmm:

1671489785362.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom