Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane Pictures of the West

The other night round are way

xGmp8Ys.jpg

where the hell is that if is Poole is 168miles and Minehead 462?????

It says 'Start Point' on the post, so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's at Start Point.

The South West coast path is very long. Penzance to St Ives is about ten miles across country, or something daft like 40 miles round the coast path. There are also lots of estuaries without bridges so if you wanted to walk round the coast without recourse to ferries you're looking at huge detours round the Dart, Camel, Exe and Fal estuaries.

Intersting fact: it was the bewildering nature of Britain's coastline and the impossibility of accurately measuring it which first inspired the field of fractal geometry. The UK has more coastline than Mexico, despite Mexico having about eight times as much land as well as extensive peninsulas and numerous islands.

Last edited:
It says 'Start Point' on the post, so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's at Start Point.

The South West coast path is very long. Penzance to St Ives is about ten miles across country, or something daft like 40 miles round the coast path. There are also lots of estuaries without bridges so if you wanted to walk round the coast without recourse to ferries you're looking at huge detours round the Dart, Camel, Exe and Fal estuaries.

Intersting fact: it was the bewildering nature of Britain's coastline and the impossibility of accurately measuring it which first inspired the field of fractal geometry. The UK has more coastline than Mexico, despite Mexico having about eight times as much land as well as extensive peninsulas and numerous islands.
Doh! Of course. I feel a fool now!

Back
Top Bottom