Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

The old tenement flats on Barrow Island.

1562921_c5fc24e6.jpg

1562925_1a90dc17.jpg

1560415_906deb47.jpg

Steamer_Street,_Barrow.jpg

barrow3.jpg

If indeed this was possible, I think it looks even worse from this angle! Looks like a fire station training tower now. It looks so incredibly cheap and nasty.

Truly shockingly shit - the best so far I think! :cool:

PS - let us know where it is so we can avoid the town for the sake of our eyes. :D

It's in the centre of Shipley. I am in Bingley this weekend so may stop off and marvel at it IRL :)

Me too - it is sooo bad its funny! :D

:D

If indeed this was possible, I think it looks even worse from this angle! Looks like a fire station training tower now. It looks so incredibly cheap and nasty.

Truly shockingly shit - the best so far I think! :cool:

PS - let us know where it is so we can avoid the town for the sake of our eyes. :D

Hah, I didn't even read this comment, but I just realised it looks like a fire training tower as well and went to find a pic

ygapIts.jpg

Apparently the people of Shipley are proud of it and you can get t-shirts and prints of it for your walls. :cool:

Bus stations are always so dreary aren't they. Suck the joy out of you. Have you been to the delights of Rochdale bus station? Horrendous - this isn't my pic, and it really is this dark and grim inside. A new one is due to open this thankfully.

2640286056_413093ae5a_m.jpg

I have never had the pleasure of Rochdale. Tbf Huddersfield bus station has improved quite a lot over the past 15 years. There's going to be a Greggs and everything there soon :cool:

Is that the Dobbins building? (or the bobbins buildings as I call it).

Might be - not sure what it was called to be honest, but remember there were fears that some homeless people may have been sleeping inside when it burned down. There weren't thankfully.

I have never had the pleasure of Rochdale. Tbf Huddersfield bus station has improved quite a lot over the past 15 years. There's going to be a Greggs and everything there soon :cool:

In the North the pinnacle of sophistication is when we have a new Greggs open. We are folk of simple pleasures. :D

If those were tarted up they'd be ace. The stone frontages are lovely. :)

There is a similar sort of thing in Ancoats - run down but actually a really nice building. Will dig a picture out.

Here is a pic of the flats in Manchester I mentioned. They are arranged in a large square, sealed off from public access, with a large open space in the middle. They are a bit tatty but some investment could work wonders on this place.

119.jpg

Bus stations are always so dreary aren't they. Suck the joy out of you. Have you been to the delights of Rochdale bus station? Horrendous - this isn't my pic, and it really is this dark and grim inside. A new one is due to open this year thankfully.

2640286056_413093ae5a_m.jpg

Reminds me of the Eldon Square bus station in Newcastle (it's now been relocated)

07-03-10+Eldon+Sq+Bus+Station+(29)r.jpg

Photos from an impromptu mundane walk coming up as soon as they upload to Flickr :)

Back
Top Bottom