Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

not with pictures like this

77-jpg.34173

I think it deserves one more repost at least.

And another, lurking amidst the nicer buildings of UMIST. Apologies for the slightly blurry shot - I was trying to focus on what was on the red door, but obviously failed!

81.jpg

Callie's first lot of pictures are from Pye Bank in Sheffield no? On a bit of high ground between Neepsend and Burngreave. I went up there once for a walk and it's pretty dodgy, I guess as a consequence of being a bit of deserted land so close to the city so handy for drug deals etc.

Although when I got to the top, by the boarded up Board School, there was an Asian family up there taking in the view with a gas cooker making food. Why not?

And was the pub The Fat Cat?

Callie's first lot of pictures are from Pye Bank in Sheffield no? On a bit of high ground between Neepsend and Burngreave. I went up there once for a walk and it's pretty dodgy, I guess as a consequence of being a bit of deserted land so close to the city so handy for drug deals etc.

Although when I got to the top, by the boarded up Board School, there was an Asian family up there taking in the view with a gas cooker making food. Why not?

And was the pub The Fat Cat?

I was wondering whether it was Sheffield, given how hilly it looked.

That bank reminds me of Woodhouse Ridge in Leeds - a wooded ridge running for a few miles from the city centre, and a very nice place to walk along. No idea what it is like nowadays, so any Loiner's views welcome.

Back
Top Bottom