Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Morocco vs Spain

The keeper was a bit lucky with that first penalty. It came off the edge of the post.

Right, that's it, I'm done.

Good for Morocco. I’m sick of the sterile possession that is the norm in the majority of our matches.

If this results in the sacking of Luis Enrique, I will actually be quite chuffed with the result today.

Good for Morocco. I’m sick of the sterile possession that is the norm in the majority of our matches.

If this results in the sacking of Luis Enrique, I will actually be quite chuffed with the result today.
the novelty has worn off now. It's just dull. For all Spain's possession, Morocco looked more dangerous ( and exciting ) on their very rare breaks.

the novelty has worn off now. It's just dull. For all Spain's possession, Morocco looked more dangerous ( and exciting ) on their very rare breaks.
Exactly. And Spain have been hitting the same stumbling block regardless of whether the opponent was genuinely parking the bus or playing a more open and positive game. We got away with it in 2010 because the overall quality of the squad was superlative. Not anymore. Look at the likes of Portugal by comparison.

Exactly. And Spain have been hitting the same stumbling block regardless of whether the opponent was genuinely parking the bus or playing a more open and positive game. We got away with it in 2010 because the overall quality of the squad was superlative. Not anymore. Look at the likes of Portugal by comparison.
This is the problem - other teams aren't intimidated by it any more. You keep the ball if you want. If you won't risk losing it by trying something, we'll just sit in and wait. Whatever. Tbh Busquets was the worst example of that today. He never made an incisive pass. Always sideways. And they have no plan B. Williams, I suppose, and he was lively, but then they took him off. :D

Back
Top Bottom