Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Misogynist barbarians in Alabama impose forced pregnancy law

Thinking ahead, especially about assuming a responsibility you don't want or can't handle, is probably where you went wrong. Do as the anti abortion nuts desire, and simply have as many kids as you can before your own - or someone else's - body gives up. Fuck the consequences, for you, for the children, for everyone. You have a 'physical and economic right' to do this and to make a fucking awful job of it - live the dream and if that involves someone else's nightmare, well, whatever.
I was walking to work one morning oooo nearly 50 years ago with a mate who was working away from home and whose wife had just had their first kid. He said "you know Arthur, I couldn't work out why I've been feeling so good recently, and then I realized that I've not had to get up at 12 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 6 o'clock to look to the baby".

That was the point I briefly considered having kids and thought "Na".

I've noted before that above all things I like an easy life, and that was whhen I decided that I'm too selfish for any of that shit, and have not regretted it for a second. I've always been very careful since then (before, actually). It's random when it comes down to it but you take all the precautions you can and trust to luck for the rest.

Eta: don't get me wrong, I know that having kids is a wonderfully rewarding experience for people who want them, I'm just not one of those :)

I was walking to work one morning oooo nearly 50 years ago with a mate who was working away from home and whose wife had just had their first kid. He said "you know Arthur, I couldn't work out why I've been feeling so good recently, and then I realized that I've not had to get up at 12 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 6 o'clock to look to the baby".

That was the point I briefly considered having kids and thought "Na".

I've noted before that above all things I like an easy life, and that was whhen I decided that I'm too selfish for any of that shit, and have not regretted it for a second. I've always been very careful since then (before, actually). It's random when it comes down to it but you take all the precautions you can and trust to luck for the rest.

Eta: don't get me wrong, I know that having kids is a wonderfully rewarding experience for people who want them, I'm just not one of those :)
Its amazing - it's almost as if you had choices, agency, and reproductive rights of your own ;)

I wouldn't be without my son, but I wouldn't want any more of them. I found myself looking at google images of Amy Coney Barrett for ages over the weekend, thinking 'how could you do this?', as if the answer might be in her pinched little face. Thomas, Kavanaugh and the others seemed like monsters anyway, but her.

I watched her confirmation hearings or whatever they're called, and she was so reasonable, so calm, so protective of legal virtue and ethics. You knew she was lying but hoped she wasn't. But she was. Fucking snake. I thought Christians frowned on bearing false witness, which is pretty much what she did to get that seat.

If she had anything about her, she'd have refused it, and said 'Thank you for the offer, but it undermines the court and my own reputation so I'll wait until after the election'. Who'd even want such a role under such sleazy circumstances? You wouldn't want your professional name mixed up in anything so grubby. Well, I wouldn't.

Its amazing - it's almost as if you had choices, agency, and reproductive rights of your own ;)
I know - a lot easier me being male for some reason :(

I wouldn't be without my son, but I wouldn't want any more of them. I found myself looking at google images of Amy Coney Barrett for ages over the weekend, thinking 'how could you do this?', as if the answer might be in her pinched little face. Thomas, Kavanaugh and the others seemed like monsters anyway, but her.

I watched her confirmation hearings or whatever they're called, and she was so reasonable, so calm, so protective of legal virtue and ethics. You knew she was lying but hoped she wasn't. But she was. Fucking snake. I thought Christians frowned on bearing false witness, which is pretty much what she did to get that seat.

If she had anything about her, she'd have refused it, and said 'Thank you for the offer, but it undermines the court and my own reputation so I'll wait until after the election'. Who'd even want such a role under such sleazy circumstances? You wouldn't want your professional name mixed up in anything so grubby. Well, I wouldn't.
God doubtless told her that the Ninth Commandment of not bearing false witness was subordinate to Owning the Libs :thumbs:

I know - a lot easier me being male for some reason :(

God doubtless told her that the Ninth Commandment of not bearing false witness was subordinate to Owning the Libs :thumbs:

I've heard it preached from the pulpit that people misunderstand that commandment and concepts of honesty and fair dealing only apply between Christians* and aren't owed to anyone else. It sounds oddly like what I've heard from Satanists.

* I've only heard this in Fundamentalist circles and not more mainline pastors.

Last edited:
I've heard it preached from the pulpit that people misunderstand that commandment and concepts of honesty and fair dealing only apply between Christians and aren't owed to anyone else. It sounds oddly like what I've heard from Satanists.
Indeed, although the Satanists now active in the US pushing back against the "Christian" Fascists seem to be very honest and fair dealing.

Indeed, although the Satanists now active in the US pushing back against the "Christian" Fascists seem to be very honest and fair dealing.

Near as I can tell there's two types of Satanists. One branch seems to be atheists that are using concepts of Satan to push back against the more radical Christian Nationalists. The others tend toward kids with a fetish for dark concepts trying to practice ceremonial forms of Satanism.

hmm maybe the right in America attacking library's and cutting funds to public schools is part of the plan

look at this shite from Kansas regarding removing state protection for rights to abortion services

k00v6fxmtce91.jpg

hmm maybe the right in America attacking library's and cutting funds to public schools is part of the plan

look at this shite from Kansas regarding removing state protection for rights to abortion services

k00v6fxmtce91.jpg
I saw on Reddit that this is the opposite of what it appears, and actually protects abortion rights. Can't see it myself though. I'll have a hunt.

aye the vote no is correct as the state already protects the right to abortion

and a yes vote would give them the ability to bring in abortion restrictions

but the friggin language involved deliberately misleading

Near as I can tell there's two types of Satanists. One branch seems to be atheists that are using concepts of Satan to push back against the more radical Christian Nationalists. The others tend toward kids with a fetish for dark concepts trying to practice ceremonial forms of Satanism.

Atheist edgelord cosplay vs. goth cosplay.

aye the vote no is correct as the state already protects the right to abortion

and a yes vote would give them the ability to bring in abortion restrictions

but the friggin language involved deliberately misleading
yes the bloke who posted it said his missus had written it that way to try to get the vote as yes

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^

Victory for the pro-choice side. Just under 60% vote to preserve women’s bodily liberty, just over 40% vote for the handmaid’s tale:

If every state gave their citizens a say on this matter I’d guess that close to 100% of states would preserve abortion rights.

Victory for the pro-choice side. Just under 60% vote to preserve women’s bodily liberty, just over 40% vote for the handmaid’s tale:
Surprised that it was "this close" to be honest, given that Pro choice are often touted as being in the 70-80% bracket, unless that's an over all figure. (some states may vary)

Surprised that it was "this close" to be honest, given that Pro choice are often touted as being in the 70-80% bracket, unless that's an over all figure. (some states may vary)

I take back my previous comment. Apparently there are 13 states where the majority favour banning abortion. All of those have trigger laws meaning abortion is already illegal in them.

I wondered about that. Perhaps he thought the vicar should have admitted the offence, got a slap on the wrist, and saved the costs of a trial.

If every state gave their citizens a say on this matter I’d guess that close to 100% of states would preserve abortion rights.

Would have been higher if they hadn't tried to bamboozle people with the wording of the proposal.

It's a pretty conservative state, so I think we should just call it a win. If it's a case of securing abortion rights state-by-state, that's one more state chalked off.

It's a pretty conservative state, so I think we should just call it a win. If it's a case of securing abortion rights state-by-state, that's one more state chalked off.
Aye. Conservative yep. As a weather vane I'd be hopeful that even conservative states don't want to roll back body rights/autonomy. The most conservative states already have the trigger laws in place :mad:

Back
Top Bottom