Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Misogynist barbarians in Alabama impose forced pregnancy law

The fightback against the sadistic fascist and tyrant Clarence Thomas begins:

Dozens of protesters showed up outside Justice Clarence Thomas’ home overnight, chanting “no privacy for us, no peace for you!” and accusing his wife, Ginni, of being an “insurrectionist.”

Some also brandished signs reading “Thomas is a treasonous turd” and “Off with their d—s.”

how can you be a surpreme court judge where the time frame is for life to keep you away from political influence

when you wife is another legal professional who called the justic department to insist they block the result of a fair election

he should of been rescued until the investigation into his wife concluded

Might not be as easy as the Bible-bashing states think for them to completely ban abortion - Merrick Garland says states can't ban abortion pills that have been approved by federal regulators.

To be crystal clear: Abortion pills are not a solution to abortion bans. They’re only FDA-approved for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and many people need abortions further along in pregnancy (or just prefer an in-clinic procedure for their early abortion). The Biden administration needs to take much more action, including exploring leasing federal land to abortion providers in states with bans. But for now, we will take the tiniest win in the form of Garland coming out of the gates with something.

They’re only FDA-approved for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and many people need abortions further along in pregnancy (or just prefer an in-clinic procedure for their early abortion).

There are numerous pregnancy tests that will register pregnancy within days of conception.

It is possible to find out before the 10 week deadline.

I have no clue how affordable these tests are. If the woman is concerned, the tests can help with the 10 week deadline.

I was thinking today one of the many sad things in this is that at least I can appreciate the honest misogyny of the 'Well, just don't be a slut, then' social media crowd. At least they're admitting they support this because they hate women.

Unlike the 'save the babies' lot who I do believe really believe that, whilst it never occurs to them to do anything to make that babies' lives better seeing as they insist they're born whatever the context. They don't even realise how much they hate women.

I was thinking today one of the many sad things in this is that at least I can appreciate the honest misogyny of the 'Well, just don't be a slut, then' social media crowd. At least they're admitting they support this because they hate women.

Unlike the 'save the babies' lot who I do believe really believe that, whilst it never occurs to them to do anything to make that babies' lives better seeing as they insist they're born whatever the context. They don't even realise how much they hate women.

I don't think it's so much about conscious admitting or not admitting, they're not aware. It makes them very dangerous because it's unconscious. I'd say it's a kind of collective punishment for mothers (mothers, potential mothers, don't want to be mothers), it's really very sadistic.

I don't think it's so much about conscious admitting or not admitting, they're not aware. It makes them very dangerous because it's unconscious. I'd say it's a kind of collective punishment for mothers (mothers, potential mothers, don't want to be mothers), it's really very sadistic.
It really is. And if anyone were to suggest, I dunno, compulsory genetic testing if the father of a child hasn't come forward and enforced child support in that case, can you imagine how loud the 'But then unscrupulous women will deliberately entrap men into fatherhood!' crowd would be?

Ultimately, they want these babies to be a punishment for their mothers, either in the bringing up or the guilt and loss of adoption, and don't give a fuck about how that as aresult punishes the child - as countless posts on social media from people who were adopted or unwanted children at the moment attest.

Strikes me that elevating the moment an egg is fertilised by a sperm to a sacred, special place is a very male-centred attitude. It's when the man's bit does its thing. So what?

I've seen people who say that if you didn't support anti-vax people in their desire for bodily autonomy, then you have no basis to support pro-choice options. As if they're somehow equivalent.

Yeah got to avoid falling into the trap of taking other people's assumptions seriously and talking like they make sense, imo. It's not abortion cos it's preventing pregnancy. One off the ways IUDs can prevent pregnancy is by preventing a blastocyst from implanting. And if you don't consider the moment of fertilisation to be some kind of 'magic' god-given moment, you don't have to follow the logic of those who do.
This is the moment to which lbj's nascent fotlery will be traced

The fightback against the sadistic fascist and tyrant Clarence Thomas begins:

Is this guy worse than the other judges that were instrumental in this?
Seems to be copping a lot of the flack (obv deserves some of it).

Is this guy worse than the other judges that were instrumental in this?
Seems to be copping a lot of the flack (obv deserves some of it).

I guess the short answer is "yes."

He's openly said he's going after gay marriage, contraceptives, and even gay sex next. He's ruled on cases that his wife's organization was involved in, when he should have recused himself. His wife has also been implicated in the Jan 6 insurrection.

He's openly said he's going after gay marriage, contraceptives, and even gay sex next. He's ruled on cases that his wife's organization was involved in, when he should have recused himself. And, his wife has been implicated in Jan 6 insurrectionist actions.

Ok, that's a pretty solid affirmative. Thanks. :eek:

I guess the short answer is "yes."

He's openly said he's going after gay marriage, contraceptives, and even gay sex next. He's ruled on cases that his wife's organization was involved in, when he should have recused himself. His wife has also been implicated in Jan 6 insurrection.
Off to guantanamo with the pair of them :mad:

Ok, that's a pretty solid affirmative. Thanks. :eek:

The other thing that sets him apart is that the same theoretical framework that supported Roe v. Wade, also supports Loving v. Virgina--the decision that made interracial marriage possible. He hasn't suggested that he's going after that ruling, probably because as a partner in an interracial marriage, he directly benefits. He's a massive hypocrite.

Last edited:
The other thing that sets him apart is that the same theoretical framework that supported Roe v. Wade, also supports Loving v. Virgina--the decision that made interracial marriage possible. He hasn't suggested that he's going after that ruling, probably because as a partner in an interracial marriage, he directly benefits. He's a massive hypocrite.
Don't they have to wait for cases to be brought tbf? They can't just overturn it.

Don't they have to wait for cases to be brought tbf? They can't just overturn it.

Yes, they have to wait for cases to come up. However, they can pick and choose once cases work their way through the lower courts. It's not difficult to figure out how someone with an agenda could file suit, appeal any rulings through the courts, with the idea that a conservative Supreme Court would choose it as a case and rule on it. Basically, that's how Roe v. Wade was overturned. It takes time and money, but it's a system that can be gamed.

Yes, they have to wait for cases to come up. However, they can pick and choose once cases work their way through the lower courts. It's not difficult to figure out someone with an interest could file suit, work it through the courts, with the idea that a conservative Supreme Court would choose it as a case. Basically, that's how Roe v. Wade was overturned.
So it's not something like the EHRC which is basically a 'court of appeal' when other avenues have failed (and the claimant has enough resources to bring it there)? They can choose which cases to rule on, they don't just get what they're given? Does that mean that someone could be trying to bring something to them for years and they're just not interested because it's not about guns etc?

So it's not something like the EHRC which is basically a 'court of appeal' when other avenues have failed (and the claimant has enough resources to bring it there)? They can choose which cases to rule on, they don't just get what they're given? Does that mean that someone could be trying to bring something to them for years and they're just not interested because it's not about guns etc?

Yes, they can choose which cases they wish to rule on and which ones they don't. I think they have a limited time to decide to accept the case for review. Any case they decline to review usually means that the lower court ruling stands.

Is there a way to appeal any of its decisions? I'd agree with the US administration trying to setup abortion clinics in states that have banned it but I also have a really bad feeling about this dual power stuff especially as the SC supporters have a shit load of guns and local representatives behind them

Is there a way to appeal any of its decisions? I'd agree with the US administration trying to setup abortion clinics in states that have banned it but I also have a really bad feeling about this dual power stuff especially as the SC supporters have a shit load of guns and local representatives behind them

Not generally. You can appeal to your congressional representatives to change the governing law in some cases. That new law will then be subject to the same process of judicial review. You can also pack the Supreme Court with justices friendly to your views, but that takes winning elections to get the power to do that. Then, you need to file a case similar to the case you want overturned, but not so similar as to have the lower courts settle the case and the Supreme Court decide to affirm the lower court's ruling. It took the far-right 50 years of work to get Roe v. Wade overturned.

Back
Top Bottom