Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Misogynist barbarians in Alabama impose forced pregnancy law

hmm should really be in the mock the right thread but think it fits
what the republican party has been up to this week

Aipmi7ScyahC11Uyfa1N0Zz4S-i5UX9lUYiAwiugXlU.png

Not too sure where to put this, I am so disgusted with the Canada's Supreme Court's ruling that allows people to use "extreme intoxication" as a valid defense against rape and other violent acts.

The British Army have it right on this. If you thump someone whist pissed, there are two items on the charge sheet. (AFB 252, tell me that the guy who allocated Aldershot it's phone identifier number didn't have a sense of humour :) )

1. being drunk.
2. Thumping someone.

If too many people are getting drunk and thumping someone, it is declared a Prevalent Offence and the punishment goes up by 50%.

The Archbishop of San Fransisco has banned Nancy Pelosi from taking communion because she's being to outspoken on Roe v. Wade.

Taliban Francisco

The Archbishop of San Fransisco has banned Nancy Pelosi from taking communion because she's being to outspoken on Roe v. Wade.

The Godfather has spoken. :)

American Catholic clergy seem a bit isolated from the Holy See. Don't know why.

Years back, when the people of Ireland were reducing the influence of the Church slowly but surely... it was noticed in the more conservative Irish-American circles over in the US. The comments sections in various Irish online organs were awash with threats from Catholics of Irish heritage - how they'd not visit the old country anymore or ever, because their great great great grandaddy was spinning in his grave at the idea of those heathen commies, changing Ireland forever, etc.

Remembering one fella who complained that "even your mountains are disappointing" on a discussion about same sex marriage :confused:

The religious folk in the US take a keen interest in issues like abortion etc over in Ireland, and not just the Catholic right.

So how else do bishops and priests ensure their children are born without an abortion ban

Don't know how likely this, but still. :hmm:

This is the same old shit that gets trotted out when any political group loses a battle - they're always coming for the kids next.
Usually there is some nutty fringe group that can be pointed to that supports whatever paranoid fantasy is being pushed.

Don't know how likely this, but still. :hmm:

Why can't these people just keep their godly bullshit to themselves? By all means live by whatever rules you like but why do they insist that everyone else has to live like that too?

Reading that just makes me want to weep.

This is the same old shit that gets trotted out when any political group loses a battle - they're always coming for the kids next.
Usually there is some nutty fringe group that can be pointed to that supports whatever paranoid fantasy is being pushed.

Nutty fringe groups like the Republicans in the Missouri legislature?

Missouri state Sen. Paul Wieland, one of the Republicans who led that effort, explained his position this way: “The bottom line is there is only one time something definitively happens and that’s the moment of conception. Once that happens, anything that happens should not be state funded.”

Or perhaps you feel you can dismiss the Idaho state rep as a lone nutter?

This month, Idaho state Rep. Brent Crane, Republican chair of the powerful House State Affairs Committee, said he would hold hearings on legislation banning emergency contraceptives and possibly IUDs as well.

These people really are theocrats trying to control women's bodies in the name of their shithouse God, I don't know where you get off dismissing this kind of thing like you do.

Back
Top Bottom