Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

theres no way Mighty Hoopla could afford all that infrastructure for a 1 day gig. The Organisers must have a new festival planned for the other days.
My guess is that they will turn it into a multi day affair with a smaller footprint.

still not going to break even. they couldn't fill the Field Day site for even 1 day.
It felt like they didn't really need all that space and that the festival could have perhaps worked in a smaller site, which may work better for everyone.

they didn't even have all that space, the entire barn / Four tet crush area was closed off for MH, that area held thousands. still think shrinking it down further for a small target audience won't be profitable with Lambeth's new hardon for superfences and all the rest of it.

Not surprised its decided that its not going to work out after 1 year, the fact there was no music on the huge outdoor main stage after about 8pm was ludicrous, no wonder the tents were dangerously busy.

Not surprised its decided that its not going to work out after 1 year, the fact there was no music on the huge outdoor main stage after about 8pm was ludicrous, no wonder the tents were dangerously busy.
Saturday was horrible. I felt genuinely scared in the crush by the barn.

Just emailed:

A NEW FIELD DAY IS COMING

The news is out, Field Day is moving to a new location, and do we have something very exciting to share with you soon... Register now for more info and exclusive access to
2019 Early Bird tickets.

Just emailed:

A NEW FIELD DAY IS COMING

The news is out, Field Day is moving to a new location, and do we have something very exciting to share with you soon... Register now for more info and exclusive access to
2019 Early Bird tickets.
Apparently it's north, not a park, never been used for a festival before and the closest residence is over 1km from the nearest stage.

A review of the Event Strategy has now appeared in the Lambeth Fwd Plan.

Fancy that.
I've heard that, apparently due to a simple oversight, this only looks at Major Events. Events of up to 20K, numbers of which are unlimited, are not being reviewed. For context, Global's festivals failed to hit 20k on at least one of its days and Hoopla will be applying for under 20 on two of its days.

Screenshot_20190208-085119_Instagram.jpg
Ad popped up in my Instagram:
Cross the Tracks festival - a "brand new one day music festival coming to Brockwell Park June 9th"

Only Lambeth could publish the splendid notices on the park gates for the license application for Mighty Hoopla.:rolleyes:
upload_2019-2-8_10-45-21.png

Only Lambeth could publish the splendid notices on the park gates for the license application for Mighty Hoopla.:rolleyes:
View attachment 161268
Much as it grieves me not to slag off Lambeth, the notices are put up by the applicant not the Council. If you want to put a spanner in the works see how many notices there are, I think as it is in a park they have to put them at intervals around the perimeter... here you are, nicked from another council

The notice must be easily seen from the exterior of the premises and, where the premises covers an area of more that 50 metres square,

further notices must be displayed ever 50 metres along the external boundary of the premises adjacent to the highway.

So, no notices every 50m, defective application, leave it until almost the end of consultation & they would have to start again!!!

Much as it grieves me not to slag off Lambeth, the notices are put up by the applicant not the Council. If you want to put a spanner in the works see how many notices there are, I think as it is in a park they have to put them at intervals around the perimeter... here you are, nicked from another council

The notice must be easily seen from the exterior of the premises and, where the premises covers an area of more that 50 metres square,

further notices must be displayed ever 50 metres along the external boundary of the premises adjacent to the highway.

So, no notices every 50m, defective application, leave it until almost the end of consultation & they would have to start again!!!
It's headlined Lambeth and all the contact details are for Lambeth, so I reckon that's both quacking and walking covered. Either way that's not the most startling thing about the notice.

ps ISTR someone tried the 50m per notice point last year and got nowhere.

Still curious to know what happened to the promised consultation on the much maligned Events Strategy, scheduled to begin in December. This was touted at the drop in debriefing as a precursor to considering further events.

The line up's pretty good, plus it's all-ages and kids under 10 are free.

LINEUP
Chaka Khan
Masego Music
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Jordan Rakei
The Comet is Coming
The Blackbyrds
OSHUN
STEAM DOWN
Oscar Jerome
Children of Zeus
Eliza
Nubya Garcia
Etta Bond
Poppy Ajudha
Maisha - UK
Joe Armon-Jones & Maxwell Owin
Norman Jay (MBE) (Good Times)
Jazzie B OBE (Soul II Soul)
Joel Culpepper
Taz Modi | maya Law | Lunch Money | Iyamah | JRust & Jake Lavan (CTT) | Ghost Notes | Church of Sound DJ's | Miguel E (Tuckshop) | Ruby Kwasiba Savage | Jazzheadchronic (South London Soul Train) | Aaron L (Stamp The Wax) | Lex Blondin (TRC) | Barry's Here | Noble & Heath | Memorybox

Championing a female orientated line-up, Cross The Tracks’ headliner is none other than Queen of Funk Chaka Khan, whose career spans over five decades of endless hits. This week she announces her first album in 12 years Hello Happiness - fans can have the first listen live in London. Motown heads are in for a treat as all female powerhouse group Martha Reeves & The Vandellas will be performing live, alongside American hip hop come soul duo, OSHUN, who define the sonic manifestation of Afrofuturism. Elsewhere, Island Records signing self confessed jazz come rap pioneer Masego will also head to Brixton.

American rhythm and blues and jazz-funk fusion group The Blackbyrds will be making their way to Brockwell Par whilst Manchester's Children of Zeus will supply their genre-spanning jazz infused hip hop sound. Mercury nominated The Comet is Coming will give crowds a musical education with their unique sound infusing jazz, electronica, funk and psychedelic rock and expect soulful, jazz and hip-hop driven sound from Ninja Tune signee Jordan Rakei.

That’s not all though, we will also host over 40 of London’s most talked about street food traders bringing food from all the world to Brockwell Park, alongside talks, panels, workshops and an independent creative market including a record fair and local art traders.

☀️ Set in South London’s Brockwell Park with Herne Hill and Brixton stations just a stone’s throw away, Cross The Tracks is easily accessible for the whole of the city.

Cross The Tracks
Sunday 9th June 2019
Midday - 10pm
Brockwell Park (Subject to License)
Last Entry 8PM.

All ages are permitted (under 17s must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 26).
Children under 10 enter for free.

Apparently it's north, not a park, never been used for a festival before and the closest residence is over 1km from the nearest stage.
Its near me, just north of Tottenham marsh, between Ikea and the river - the field that its in is a landfill site with no public access, its had a succession of homeless camps on it and can only be reached by bridges. There was a huge multirigger held there a few years back, several Urbanites attended it. The warehouse they are also using is vast. I think its a good place for a festival.

Its near me, just north of Tottenham marsh, between Ikea and the river - the field that its in is a landfill site with no public access, its had a succession of homeless camps on it and can only be reached by bridges. There was a huge multirigger held there a few years back, several Urbanites attended it. The warehouse they are also using is vast. I think its a good place for a festival.
Sounds pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom