Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael Gove's Time is Up.

Standing down! Westminsters coke entrepreneurs will be sad…

still have do have a one last party mind

b2p27i68a02d1.jpeg

I kind of liked Gove just because he was pretty much the only Tory that actually seemed smart and relatively intellectual. I suppose if you spend your career standing next to the likes of Hancock and Johnson that's not too hard to pull off, though.

The damage he did to schools and the national curriculum in particular will take a generation to unpick, even if anyone is actually motivated to do it.

The damage he did to schools and the national curriculum in particular will take a generation to unpick, even if anyone is actually motivated to do it.
He legislated for schools to have 'company directors'; the fucking radicalised extremist

Reactions: tim
He wasn’t terrible at MoJ, if only in that he reversed most of the mad shit that Grayling did. But definitely a disaster at DfE, and pointless everywhere else.

I kind of liked Gove just because he was pretty much the only Tory that actually seemed smart and relatively intellectual. I suppose if you spend your career standing next to the likes of Hancock and Johnson that's not too hard to pull off, though.
And another Tory too leftwing for Starmer's Labour.download (48).jpeg

Perhaps, he will return to parochial duties.

download (49).jpeg

Reactions: Ax^
It’s fucked up that in today’s Tory party he seemed like one of the sane and competent ones. I can remember when he was part of the more extreme wing.

Presume Murdoch has a gig for him somewhere given their past relationships.

My sister works in a school in Surrey Heath and he comes in every now and then and all the staff are under strict orders to be nice to him. The head issues a statement to all staff along the lines of, "Yes he's ruined our schools and is scum, but we still have to be professional." Apparently they all find his visits to be the hardest part of their jobs.

My sister works in a school in Surrey Heath and he comes in every now and then and all the staff are under strict orders to be nice to him. The head issues a statement to all staff along the lines of, "Yes he's ruined our schools and is scum, but we still have to be professional." Apparently they all find his visits to be the hardest part of their jobs.
The whinging, woke Marxist ingrates; don't these wasters know that Gove spent £370k on sending an specially inlaid, leather-bound version of the King James bible to every school including theirs.

1716649114946.png

1716649133787.png

The whinging, woke Marxist ingrates; don't these wasters know that Gove spent £370k on sending an specially inlaid, leather-bound version of the King James bible to every school including theirs.

View attachment 425966

View attachment 425967
I didn't know that, She's currently out but when she gets back I will have to ask Mrs Q if she knew about it and what happened to the one sent to her school.

Mrs Q only remembered the Bibles after we googled it (it being about a dozen years ago), In answer to what might have happened to the one sent to her school, her answer was "How the hell would I know Mick?"

Wasn't he also housing at one point? Clearly he did fuck all there if so.
He's been at Levelling Up, Housing & Communities (formerly DCLG) for the whole of Sunak's tenure.

He and Hunt are, I think, the only remaining ministers from the first Cameron cabinet, which included such luminaries as Hague, IDS, Lansley and Paterson.

Gove is a turd but he did give the impression that he could actually use his brain rather than blindly follow the lead of whoever was PM
His is a very safe seat so he is unlikely to get voted out, I wonder if he is standing down because he is worried he might get pressured into being the new leader. He is smart enough to know that is a poisoned chalice.

Gove is a turd but he did give the impression that he could actually use his brain rather than blindly follow the lead of whoever was PM
His is a very safe seat so he is unlikely to get voted out, I wonder if he is standing down because he is worried he might get pressured into being the new leader. He is smart enough to know that is a poisoned chalice.

That doesn’t make any sense. Tories compete like rats in a sack to be leader; nobody gets press ganged into the job.

Nah, the twat just can't imagine just being an opposition MP + there's serious money to be raked in

That doesn’t make any sense. Tories compete like rats in a sack to be leader; nobody gets press ganged into the job.
There isn't going to be a lot of choice this time round so he is bound to be a favourite. On the other hand whoever takes over for Sevenbins is very unlikely to get to be PM and will just be a place keeper.
Perhaps Gove feels now is the time to cash in and earn some serious money being a non-excutive director/wheel greaser or perhaps he is a man of principle who has decided that this is best for him, his party and the country but he doesn't strike me as the sort of man who might think like that.

I don’t think Gove could ever be PM, too many skeletons, and worked in the media so they will all know his habits.

Back
Top Bottom