Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Men still not supposed to know about 'women's problems'?

Gromit

International Man of Misery
So thanks to a debate going off tangent on another thread I thought it was worth examining attitudes on its own thread.

Once upon a time women could just say women's problems and that was end of conversation. Men were not supposed to know, didn't want to know and generally expected not to know anything about what that entailed.

Now we live in a world where men's problems are far from sacrosanct. Cosmo has no doubt discussed erectile disfunction at length. Along with prostate cancer n such other men's health issues. Check your prostrate is even a cheeky allowable joke (within limits).

Men. We get told about checking for breast cancer. We're allowed in on that one.

But from the hostile reaction on the other thread it seems 'women's problems' is still very much a mind your own business thing.

Discuss...

Just to add.

TV show Embarrassing Bodies sees breaking down such taboos has highly beneficial to health care.

It's doing a good job but it seems like it's up against strong opposition.

Yeah. This one's a bit too obvious. Some of the other ones were almost a good attempt but you've let yourself down this time. I should find another hobby.
No it's a genuine inquiry. To use someone else's vernacular I'm puzzled by the hostility over a man helping a woman with woman's problems and want to examine it wider. Philosophically rather than minutiae.

No it's a genuine inquiry. To use someone else's vernacular I'm puzzled by the hostility over a man helping a woman with woman's problems and want to examine it wider. Philosophically rather than minutiae.
God you are such a fucking bell end.
The hostility you encountered was at the obvious fabrication of you providing first aid to a woman having terrible period pains. The scenario is unlikely.

Not only did I suffer from terrible period pains (punch myself in the face and headbutt the wall pain) and then later ridiculously heavy periods - (a litre of blood in a day) but I've worked on gynae wards and still recover women that have had gynae surgery.
In all my 50 years I've never encountered or heard anything like the scenario you proposed on the other thread.

If a woman has debilitating periods she tends to carry strong pain relief on her and not go out. The same applies to women who are bleeding very heavily. I myself have been caught short in the past and had to go home immediately as it was absolutely mortifying. The only thing more mortifying would be turning to a strange bloke. Imo.

God you are such a fucking bell end.
The hostility you encountered was at the obvious fabrication of you providing first aid to a woman having terrible period pains. The scenario is unlikely.
And yet it happened. Twice. Two separate women. No fabrication.

To clarify both time it was heavy pain. No mention of severe bleed. Not that was mentioned and I presume it would have needed to have been mentioned.

We're hostile because we're all on the blob. Obviously.
Is that your final answer?

article-0-18E827F900000578-60_634x440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom