Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Medals table

nick301171

Rawhide!
Looking at the medals table on the BBC, I really don't think some of the rankings are very fair. I mean look at Thailand and France (19th and 20th overall at the time of writing)

Thailand - 1 Gold, 0 Silver, 0 Bronze
France - 0 Gold, 7 Silver, 2 Bronze

Surely 7 silvers and 2 bronze is better than 1 gold. Or am I wrong?

Looking at the medals table on the BBC, I really don't think some of the rankings are very fair. I mean look at Thailand and France (19th and 20th overall at the time of writing)

Thailand - 1 Gold, 0 Silver, 0 Bronze
France - 0 Gold, 7 Silver, 2 Bronze

Surely 7 silvers and 2 bronze is better than 1 gold. Or am I wrong?

Ranking is always done on number of golds won tho.

Yeah, it makes winning gold more important which is fine with me.

OR LY!?!?

you think winning gold is more important!?!? in the olympics?!?!

like you train all yer life and could win a silver or gold! i mean you just have to, HAVE TO go for the gold, it's just like SOO more important like

:rolleyes:

Jesus christ, you guys on urban aren't uptight at all are you?:rolleyes:

so you think saying "Yeah, it makes winning gold more important which is fine with me." adds something to the thread does it?
did you think before you hit post??? :confused:

it's got nothin to do with being uptight either, it's tedious and i was groaning but thought i'd make light of it rather than call you a thick cunt...

OR LY!?!?

you think winning gold is more important!?!? in the olympics?!?!

like you train all yer life and could win a silver or gold! i mean you just have to, HAVE TO go for the gold, it's just like SOO more important like

:rolleyes:

so who came second and third in the women's cycling?

so you think saying "Yeah, it makes winning gold more important which is fine with me." adds something to the thread does it?
did you think before you hit post??? :confused:

it's got nothin to do with being uptight either, it's tedious and i was groaning but thought i'd make light of it rather than call you a thick cunt...
Why the uncalled for aggression O Gatekeeper To The Forum?

You should try some sport. Work out some of that irritability.

so who came second and third in the women's cycling?
why would i care theyz loserz! the GOLD is better and even shows that you are better.
I'm just saying that's why the medals table is the way it is, then you go off on one for stating my opinion. Pretty pathetic tbh.
what like all your Welsh digs??

can you not see how totally purile your point that winning Gold is more important then winning Silver or Bronze???
but as long as it's 'fine by you' the IOC can relax eh! :D

Why the uncalled for aggression O Gatekeeper To The Forum?

You should try some sport. Work out some of that irritability.

i is not gatekeeper and don't want to be, just venting and retaliating, that ok with you?
adios

Its just the medals table, that's the way they do it, i'm not the one making the decisions so no use in complaining. Doesn't make silver/bronze any less of an achievement. But do carry on moaning,please. (incase you didn't notice i've been praising silver/bronze medalists to)

Its just the medals table, that's the way they do it, i'm not the one making the decisions so no use in complaining. Doesn't make silver/bronze any less of an achievement. But do carry on moaning,please.

read that back to yourself, slowly.

'doesn't make silver/bronze any less of an achievement'

are you serious? someone winning and achieving 10seconds in a race hasn't achieved more than someone coming second and acieving 13seconds??? :confused:

I'm not taking any of your posts seriously since all you really care about is derailing the thread cause i took a cheap shot at you guys going'wales wins its first gold'.

most golds isn't always 'the way they do it' - sometimes it is listed according to who has won most medals overall.

i think it varies according to which method places GB higher :)

most golds isn't always 'the way they do it' - sometimes it is listed according to who has won most medals overall.

i think it varies according to which method places GB higher :)

you could be onto something there:D

but it;s usually the number of golds first though I'm sire you;re right about bumping GB's haul of bronzes up one year

Unlike gold medalists, silver and bronze medalists are actually loosers, because they didn't win.

It's like getting 4 numbers on the lottery and winning £69, or getting knocked out in a boxing match and thus failing to win, or loosing the ashes by loosing a test match to Australia.

The olympics isn't a bloody league. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom