Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Marvels of the Kenwood Chef

I've got one here that I need to do some strip down and repair work on. I replaced the brushes, got it all sorted, and gave it to the stepdaughter. Who returned it, 3 months later, as non-working :hmm:.

And it's sat in the corner for the 3 years since then...

I've got one here that I need to do some strip down and repair work on. I replaced the brushes, got it all sorted, and gave it to the stepdaughter. Who returned it, 3 months later, as non-working :hmm:.

And it's sat in the corner for the 3 years since then...
Hope you do the repairs properly next time then.

mum-tat used to have one - must have been mid / late 70s when she got it. not quite sure when or where it went.

i do still have the instruction / recipe book (about A5 size, complete but a bit scruffy) - anyone want it?

Last week I got a dough hook for the Chef.
Tried using it to make some bread.
I've been making some bread recently. This is to avoid having to go into the M&S in Brixton during lockdown. I usually get bread at M&S because it's the nearest place where you can get bread that is both OK and sliced. I like it sliced because then I can freeze it. You can get OK bread in the local supermarket but not sliced. So to solve this problem, I'm making my own bread, which also isn't sliced, and which in addition to that, isn't really as nice as the stuff I can get in the shop.
So anyway, because of people like me suddenly baking bread when there's no good reason to do so, you can't get bread flour anywhere round here at the moment, and I've used all of what was in the cupboard now.
So I'll get the next loaf from the shop.
Got a dough hook now though.

Cohabiting temporarily during the lockdown may not be going entirely brilliantly but it does come with a much fancier kenwood machine and pasta attachments.
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 10.34.18.png

We made two lots of fresh pasta but the country does seem to have run out of flour now which is sad as it would have been hours of entertainment for me watching the shapes slowly squeeze themselves out of the holes.

Wonder if my food processor (a Braun one) still works as I've not used it for years (must be about twenty years old now). Ditto the hand mixer and immersion blender (can't remember the make)

Back
Top Bottom